Jules In Ibiza

JasonB

Radio 1 have lost the plot. Official!!

I never thought i'd say this, but i've lost faith in Jules's Radio 1 show now. Too much funky house and then when we do finally get to the Trance, its the same tunes each week - Leaving London and Tran 4 since January. Give it a rest ffs! We're tired of them! The first hour is the funky house and cut up boys show, the second hour is the stale Trance and Fabio Stein remix hour!

I'm even losing interest in Jules tunes now. There's far too many mediocre tunes that are weak in his sets now, and his edits are very dodgy. No other credible DJ would play some of the poor tunes that Jules plays. I still can't get my head around how shoody his edit of "Brasillia" is too.

I'm not bothered any more - i've lost faith :(

Last night's show was a slight improvement, but as Briggsy says, the shows are all on the same theme these days. However, the crowd interaction was much better last night, thanks mainly to the Scottish contingent there :lol:

I hate to say it, but we're all sounding like Jules-haters these days :( I'd be interested to think what newcomers to Jules' show think of it :? Maybe its just those of us that have supported him for years that don't agree with the music he's now playing? (Trying to keep an open mind :roll: )

to be fair to jules it appears that he doesnt have much say in what he plays on the show, which is ridiculous..

Strangely he actually does. The extended cut-up-cut was largely his idea, and about 90% of his show tracklisting CAN be heard in either a funky or normal Jules club set.

I was at this show. crowd were realy going for it. though wasn't really loud enough! Jules did do rather lot of talking but we coulndt hear him so didnt bother us. show was pretty good as I was there. have only listend to a bit and can hear me self screaming so cnat realy judge till i listen to it all!

was rather funky at the start but i dont mind this as i like the choons! the trance mix at the end was a bit to hands - in - the air for me! Last dance and sun set choon really got the crowd going!

loading pics on to me site and will put t he link up soon

I was listening to Dangerous Dave last night live from Ibiza and he said that they weren't allowed to play the music loud anymore due to the law out there in Ibiza. :o:lol:

I must admit l did enjoy Jules's show, talking and all, but was shocked when he played "Leaving London" as the sunset tune. What has "Leaving London" got to do with Ibiza sunsets. :? :oops: IMO Philippe B "Ibiza Mi Amore" would have been more oppropriate. Also l was expecting Jules to pull something special out of his bag but it didn't happen.

I have heard the Tried and Tested tune Mason "Exceeder" several times before, possilbly on Pete Tong's Ess Selection or Ess Mix but can't find it listed in any of the T/Ls. Loving this tune. Jules did mention it was going to be released soon.

Does anyone on here know if it is one of those tunes that has been renamed. It's driving me mad trying to work out where l have heard it before.. :evil:

Well im a Massive Jules fan but like the rest of ya"s this talking bollocks does my head in bring bk 2 hrs of tunage and no interuptions thats what i say

Totally agree sir! Note what Steve and Briggsy say too though, I really think we are only disappointed because we are comparing the sound, the music, the tunes, and the format of old Jules shows with that of today. And of course it isnt the same... things cant stay the same.

But it was still better back in the day... look how loyal we are! :D

I have heard  the Tried and Tested tune Mason "Exceeder" several times before, possilbly on Pete Tong's Ess Selection or Ess Mix but can't find it listed in any of the T/Ls. Loving this tune.  Jules did mention it was going to be released soon.

Does anyone on here know if it is one of those tunes that has been renamed.  It's driving me mad trying to work out where l have heard it before..  :evil:

It's been around for a while now,, only ever known it as exceeder tho..

Good track.

To be fair, the atmosphere at the show was spot on and Jules did a top job of entertaining the crowd. I appreciated that perhaps it wouldn't have sounded as good at home but at Mambo, it was awesome.

I thought 'Leaving London' was quite a good choice for the tune at sunset. I had actually picked this weeks ago as my tune at sunset for the recording of my show at Mambo but of course, it's all down to personal opinion.

whos_this_guy: I must have been within metres of you. Are you the guy with the hair dyed red in the photos? If so, I do remember seeing you due to my photographic memory. In this photo, I am the guy standing in front of the pole next day to the guy with the rucksack towards the left hand side of the photo: http://djglennk.com/img/ibiza/DSC00450.JPG

'Exceeder' appeared on a vinyl sampler from a label a few weeks ago on Juno, if you search for it there you will find it. It starts off ok but then goes a bit cheesy for me.

Chrissie I'm afraid it will definately get hammered to death for the next month or maybe more then we'll probably be subjected to a dire vocal from Dannii Minogue over the top or somethin

whos_this_guy: I must have been within metres of you. Are you the guy with the hair dyed red in the photos? If so, I do remember seeing you due to my photographic memory. In this photo, I am the guy standing in front of the pole next day to the guy with the rucksack towards the left hand side of the photo:http://djglennk.com/img/ibiza/DSC00450.JPG

This board creates some amazing meet-ups without knowing it :lol:

I think Leaving London is a pretty good sunset tune too, but can't really explain it. Maybe because its become a 'Classic' already :? :lol::lol:

'Exceeder' appeared on a vinyl sampler from a label a few weeks ago on Juno, if you search for it there you will find it. It starts off ok but then goes a bit cheesy for me.  

http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/229678...hlight=exceeder

I sort of like it, but not enough to part with my cash.

Jules mentioned in his Diary this week that it was getting played a lot out in Ibiza.

whos_this_guy: I must have been within metres of you.

Yeah, just like Aza and his girlfriend standing right next to me at Newquay last year. It's amazing :lol:

BTW Don't get me wrong l do like "Leaving London" but have to admit l'm a bit fed up with it atm.

whos_this_guy: I must have been within metres of you.

Yeah' date=' just like Aza and his girlfriend standing right next to me at Newquay last year. It's amazing :lol:

BTW Don't get me wrong l do like "Leaving London" but have to admit l'm a bit fed up with it atm.[/quote']

Chrissie: I have already discussed with my girlfriend, I know its a fair bit away, but we are aiming to come down to Newquay & possibly camp:) This time I will check my msgs beforehand and this time arrange a meet up... Hopefully other board geezers can come down!

Bjorno: U jammy sod having all events in the midlands, get your ass down south for once ;)

Archived