Stifflers trip to Newquay (The F*** up File)

Si_E_P

Howdy folkes, as i stated in one of the other topics in off to newquay, if was origionally when Jules was gunna be there but now gunna be the week before. Im not a happy bunny, as not only will i be missing Jules but il also be missing the Bikini contest!!!!!!! No Fair, my mates are f*** ups. So wont be able to report on Jules night down their. I know its not incredibly interestin but hey.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes l'm definately going. Jules's Radio 1 Show is coming live from Fiscal Beach and the after party is at the Barracuda club. Last Saturday l rung up the Club about reserving some tickets but was asked to ring back today at 4pm. In the meantime l was on Jules website only to read on his homepage that he is giving away 30 tickets for his show so l have emailed him so here's hoping l'm one of the lucky ones. Since then l have rung the Club up and been told that you can't go to the Radio 1 show without tickets. Only 1,000 tickets are being issued for the beach. A combined ticket is £15.00 (for both events). As tickets are selling fast l don't want to leave it to the last minute so l hope Jules doesn't take too long to reply. It's an anxious time as l don't want to miss out on going as l have been looking forward to seeing him again for months now. This will be the 8th time l have seen him. It's a pity Si is going to miss it.

I have Mondays off too. :lol: :lol: I thought Jules plays at BMC on Mondays.

I email Jules frequently and must say he is very prompt with his replies. So here's hoping he will be on this occasion. Yes l know l'm becoming a bore. :lol: I'm just so excited. :P 8)

itsa bitch im missin it, im also missin the bikini comp, my luck is s*** at the mo. damn depressin oh well my cdj arrives 2moz and my luck mite be turnin on the dj front aswell. hope u have a good time chrissie and a shame i cant come down.

I'm really :D:D:D as l have just received an email from Jules. The free tickets had all gone but he has put me down + 2 others on his personal guest list for both events. He's a STAR....... Such a nice thing to do, Jules is a really nice caring man.

WOW! Well done!

I just received an email from Laura (Jules & Halliwell's manager) saying I had won a pair of tickets and for me to give her me address to post em out!

Ill be driving down most likely and taking me beautiful lady! I think a train ride will cost around £50/£60 from here in Newport!

Ah well, regardless I am amazed that I can finally see Jules' show live from Newquay. Lets hope its a blinder!

Well done to you too!!! Just out of interest can you remember what day you emailed Jules for the free tickets? I would leave plenty of time to get down to Cornwall as the roads are very busy at this time of year. The worst part of the journey is when you come off the Bodmin by-pass but as you will be going to Newquay you don't have to go very far on that road before you turn off. Isn't it exciting :lol: I live in Penzance which is 35 miles on from Newquay. I take it you also have entry to the Barracuda Club which goes on until 3.00am. I'm a bit surprised because down this neck of the woods everything closes at 2.00 am. Have you ever been to Newquay before? Wonderful beaches. Hope you won't be disappointed.

Yeh I been to Newquay before with my mates camping :)

I will leave well early, prob just before lunch or something. Is Jules show on at 7 still?

May have to kip in the car or something, aint sure yet cos drinking will be a prob unless I take the train, which is actually much more expensive than driving (especially with two of us!).

Think I mailed Jules on Saturday, and just had a reply today so I thought I was unlucky!

You got a post code for the area its taking place to as I will need road directions if I drive.

Are your tickets for backstage and would I be on the guest list? Or did you just manage to fluke that?

LOL - cheers for the info anyways :P

The postcode for the area is TR7 thats for the Newquay area and the show starts at 7.00 but l expect there will be a warm up session first to get everybody in the mood. There are several websites you can go on to get directions. I just emailed yesterday that's probably why l didn't get to win any. I have meet Jules about 7 times now when he has done gigs down here and when l went to Homelands 2 years ago. I suppose l was just lucky and he took pity on me. As l am on his guestlist l won't have any tickets and will probably just have to give my name to the doormen. I shouldn't think it is for me to go backstage. You didn't say whether you are going to the Club afterwards - the tickets are for both events. Must dash as l am just off to my Aerobics class. Speak to you again later.

I am not too sure to be honest & cant really say at this point whether or not I will go to the club. It all depends if I drive or not...

I am extremely excited about going to this event now - always wanted to see Jules' show live - gutted when I missed escape in the park!

Are you coming from Newport in Wales? I just hope the weather will be good. There was a great atmosphere when l saw Jules do his Radio 1 Show at Homelands in 2003. I went on my own and everyone l meet was so friendly. I managed to get up the front against the railings and it was just fantastic. Jules certainly knows how to get the crowd going. However at Newquay he will only have a relatively small crowd of around 1000 people. In 2002 Pete Tong did his show from Newquay and had Eric Morello and Fat boy Slim as his guests and that was good too apart from the rain. I always have to drive so l can only have one drink but l still enjoy myself. The Barracuda is a nice club. I'm taking 4 up with me to Newquay. I'm also very excited.

[quote="Chrissie Brown" I have meet Jules about 7 times now when he has done gigs down here and when l went to Homelands 2 years ago. I suppose l was just lucky and he took pity on me.

I dont think he took pitty on you, i have met him several times know too and email him regulary, i am pretty sure he recognises some of his fans, i first met him personally at Wildchild Milton Kyens, where we had photos etc and i got him to sign my t-shirt after his set, he nearly refused to do as he wanted my t-shirt anyway...Next saw him at Progress in Derby where i also wore the same t-shirt which i managed to get him to sign again mid way through his set (Thanks again Julesy!). the resident DJ of the night ( Rob Dolbie) was standing behind the decks towards the end of his set, gave Julesy a copy of "Incentive Hi-Gate - I can hear voices / Caned and unable" which Jules signed, he then lent over the decks into the crowed and gave it me!

I cant express the rush i got after reciving it i nearly wet my pants.

:shock: :!:

What a ledgend :!:

( Rob Dolbie) was standing behind the decks towards the end of his set, gave Julesy a copy of "Incentive Hi-Gate - I can hear voices / Caned and unable"   which Jules signed, he then lent over the decks into the crowed and gave it me!

once again higgs, ure a c***!!

Archived