Crasher @ Media 05-03-07

One word. Gash.

I would not have been happy if i'd have paid for this, lol!!

Saw Christian & Nathan outside while waiting - hooked up later on..

Patterson was spot on, despite only gettin an hour after he got lost in Notts - LOL. He rang me and had to get directions from me & my mate round notts city centre, well funny! Went in with him eventually and went straight up to the decks and got on with it.. Hammered out sum wikked tunes including

Deems - Tears (Downey Remix)

Paul Webster - Corruption

Super8 Vs DJ Tab - First Aid (sounded wikked as an oldish tune!)

Si played one of his new ones, called 'Bulldozer' (i think) - i can't remember if he said that or not now.. dirty dirty bassline anyway!

AJ Gibson came on next, and f*** me, the worst set i have ever heard in a club... bland tune after bland tune. Slowed it right right down and was trainwrecking everything...truly appalling. Im sure Nathan & Christian will agree with me!

Couldn't wait for jules - he came on and altho played sum good tunes was very predictable (due the complete chav nature of the whole crowd.. ) and his mixing was off a lot too.. Sum right w***ers in there, no atmosphere and no one smashing it out - nobody had a lcue about the music. Proper s***.

Tunes off the top of my head:

Super8 & DJ Tab - Needs to Feel (Wippenberg Remix) - loving this at the mo

JJ - Keep Me Running (booring)

Abel Ramos Vs Josh Wink - Electro State (suprise suprise...)

Russ James - My Mind

John OO Fleming & Wizzy noise- Cydonia - sounded well good i thought!

Alex Gaudino- Destination unknown (Laidback Luke mix) :blink:

Judge Jules- Diversion (Dale Corderoy mix) - bland tbh

AJS - (forgot the name now!)

Im sure Christian & Nathan will get the rest!

Got sum good pics anyway, will post em up when i get home later :thumbsup:

4am rolled on and our mate picked us up outside - after a short trip wiv lots of laughing gas during the journey we got to sheff to meet a load of other mates who'd been out there for hedkandi @ Crasher (sheffield) and we went to uniq for the hedkandi after party - had a class night, media was just pants tho!

One word. Gash.

I would not have been happy if i'd have paid for this, lol!!

Saw Christian & Nathan outside while waiting - hooked up later on..

Patterson was spot on, despite only gettin an hour after he got lost in Notts - LOL. He rang me and had to get directions from me & my mate round notts city centre, well funny! Went in with him eventually and went straight up to the decks and got on with it.. Hammered out sum wikked tunes including

Deems - Tears (Downey Remix)

Paul Webster - Corruption

Super8 Vs DJ Tab - First Aid (sounded wikked as an oldish tune!)

Si played one of his new ones, called 'Bulldozer' (i think) - i can't remember if he said that or not now.. dirty dirty bassline anyway!

AJ Gibson came on next, and f*** me, the worst set i have ever heard in a club... bland tune after bland tune. Slowed it right right down and was trainwrecking everything...truly appalling. Im sure Nathan & Christian will agree with me!

Couldn't wait for jules - he came on and altho played sum good tunes was very predictable (due the complete chav nature of the whole crowd.. ) and his mixing was off a lot too.. Sum right w***ers in there, no atmosphere and no one smashing it out - nobody had a lcue about the music. Proper s***.

Russ James - My Mind

Got sum good pics anyway, will post em up when i get home later :thumbsup:

4am rolled on and our mate picked us up outside - after a short trip wiv lots of laughing gas during the journey we got to sheff to meet a load of other mates who'd been out there for hedkandi @ Crasher (sheffield) and we went to uniq for the hedkandi after party - had a class night, media was just pants tho!

AJS - Turn up for the Books?

i didn't go to this, as it landed the same night as Armin at Passion. thought i saw you in there at one point Bjorn, but obviously not.

After two and a half years, its time to knock that on the head. It was stale ages ago. Good tune, but VERY over-played now. If Jules wants to play his own tunes, then why not dig out the old and good ones like Pitchin', Caned & Unable, and We Gonna Work it Out. Those would still go down well.

Same with this. Its not even that good anyway. I'm sure Jules is only playing it because it still gets a roar when the Josh Wink sample kicks in. Jules has been playing that since Global Gathering last year - 9 months ago! Time to knock it on the head. For someone that gets endless amounts of free promo's per week, i'm amazed that he plays the same tunes for so long. As much as I love Jules as a DJ, this is his one major downfall - supporting tunes for far too long. There's no point "supporting" a tune that isn't ever going to be released anyway.

I've got a horrible feeling we're going to hear this as often as Tran 4 and Leaving London too. I'd bet my house that Jules is playing this past September in the clubs.

Sum right w***ers in there, no atmosphere and no one smashing it out - nobody had a clue about the music. Proper s***.

Sorry to hear about this mate - when you've a venue full of clueless idiots who are neither up for having a good time nor that interested in the music... there's nothing worse...

It's all about atmosphere.

its such as shame as the club is well cool, just full of complete lager louts barging thru u constantly.

No idea about the music, or DJ's. Really did make me feel rather dissapointed. Thats notts for u tho.. Needs to be underground to get the right ppl going - liek stealth & rescue rooms, fantastic clubs with amazing nights on. Crasher has become a bit mainstream - i think media was a bit dodgy b4 crasher bought it anyway..

Pics:

Me with Chris Barratt behind me

n540985219_129215_3180.jpg

Patts on the decks

n540985219_129225_4817.jpg

Messy f***er, told him to sort it out!

n540985219_129232_6453.jpg

Christian, Nathan (Tremor) & 2 of his mates

n540985219_129235_7294.jpg

Me & Christian - i seem to be rather enjoying a tune at that moment!

n540985219_129238_8134.jpg

2 of my mates - Tommy & Calvin

n540985219_129237_7854.jpg

Me, Christian & Nathan

n540985219_129239_8976.jpg

The car journey to sheffield:

haha!!

n540985219_129255_3571.jpg

The after-club (Uniq):

Me, Calvin & Catherine

n540985219_129274_9362.jpg

Seem to be enjoying the peak of another tune here: haha!!

n540985219_129328_3563.jpg

Shell (who's birthday in sheff they went out 4) & laura

n540985219_129352_9872.jpg

Now for the funniest pic of the night.. Imagine, we've been out for roughly 12 hours, you're at your mates flat after getting in and u turn round to see this:

n540985219_129353_171.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

class.

Russ James - My Mind

Right lets try and remember some more:

Judge Jules - Masterbreaker

Kristine Blonde - Loveshy (Electrique Boutique Remix)

Crowd Killas - Mr. Brightside (Aparently played last although i left 5 mins early)

Joop - The Future

AJS - Obsession Drop (was what Bjorn was lookin for)

n540985219_129235_7294.jpg

Wow! Celebrities night out!

Doctor Fox on the left hand side, and the guy second from right looks like a member of McFly. The guy on the right also looks like he might be Timmy Mallett's younger brother :blink:

The guy second from left is a bit out of place - he doesn't look like a celebrity :(

Fantastic pics, just makes me smile in anticipation of the nights out on the cards when I'll finally be back in the UK.

Also reminds me that I've still to meet a few of you personally on this board - a spot of travelling for a long weekend this Winter will be undertaken to achieve this :)

if u like Dogzilla - Without You - i reckon u might liek this vid a little bit...

Its massive but worth it! Me & calvin behind the decks while patts was on :thumbsup: get a wikekd view up there so we milked it for all patts set!

CLICKY

Sorry to hear about this mate - when you've a venue full of clueless idiots who are neither up for having a good time nor that interested in the music... there's nothing worse...

It's all about atmosphere.

suggest you don't make any visits to the works in Birmingham. Quite possibly the worst club I've ever been in, and full of knobheads who really haven't got a clue.

Oh tee hee. Well I have to say Dr. Fox is not one of the people i've been likened to before, but another one to add to the list!I actually have the fattest face in the world in that pic haha!

In Media's defence, it was/still is a dodgy club with gangland shootings. And endless student nights. But although it is a nice looking club and an interesting venue, the atmosphere was not a patch on last November when A&B etc were there. And to top it all off Jules played similar tunes! Electro Fun/Krowd Killaz to name but 2.

AJ Gibson started off ok with some more chilled Anjuna-style trance (loved Daniel Kandi - Nova), but in between Patterson and Jules he was terrible. I thought he really tired the crowd out, played two SVD tracks b2b which got repetitive and ruined the trancy feel.

I have to say that Simon Patterson was really good, was texting Bjorn throughout. Would like to catch him again.

I enjoyed seeing Jules, AJS - Obsession Drop saved the day and really got me and the crowd going again. There was endless looping tho :blink:

Crowd Killaz was not what I wanted to hear as the last tune tho!

So all in all an ok night, but with patchy tunes. Great to see nathan and Bjorn again tho!

if u like Dogzilla - Without You - i reckon u might liek this vid a little bit...

Its massive but worth it! Me & calvin behind the decks while patts was on :thumbsup: get a wikekd view up there so we milked it for all patts set!

CLICKY

Having problems d/loading this. First 2 attempts failed and on the third try l right clicked and saved as target and it d/loaded to 99% and then stopped. None of it had "saved". as l can't find it in my download file. Any suggestions.

Loved the pics and reports. Very disappointed to hear that Jules is playing so many old tunes, not good. There are plenty of quality tunes he could be playing instead those "tired" tunes you mentioned. It would be good to hear some of his old tunes being played out like "Caned and Unabled" etc. (the ones that haven't been played to death)

I haven't seen him since last October. :(

Really like the Corderoy mix of "Diversion".

Quadrant - zip it!!

Chrissie - im not sure, its a massive file, try just clicking it so it will play it and not save it...

If that doesn't work, i have no idea really - oher than using a download manager programme..

• 4 weeks later...
If Jules wants to play his own tunes, then why not dig out the old and good ones like Pitchin', Caned & Unable, and We Gonna Work it Out. Those would still go down well.

I actually emailed jules recently about his old tunes and he said he would probably play them if he had digital copies but unfortunately he didn't. I've sent him MP3's of Hi-Gate - D-Tune (Earpulgs) and You & Me plus Floorgasm - Have a Nice Day which I ripped from vinyl and received a grateful reply. So who knows he might drop one of these some time.

In the email I sent I also commented on the poor crowd at this event and Jules explained that in his experience most of the clubbers at Media always leave at around 2am whatever the DJ plays music wise. He also pointed out that the DJ Booth is in a poor location for crowd interaction which is something very important to his sets.

Perhaps one of Media's downfalls is also its closing time of 4am which is too late to catch the last bus home out of Notts and way too early if you need to wait around for a train home in the morning. This is probably why the club attracts people who are just in town anyway rather than tempting true trance fans to travel from out of town like myself, Bjorn and Christian on this occasion.

Archived