ElectronicSessions April 28th

Have areally top night tonight mate - I'm sure you'll play a blinder :thumbsup: As I've said/hassled you before, if you can record it, I'd really appreciate it to give it a listen :thumbsup: If only I still lived down South, I'd be there for sure :(

Have areally top night tonight mate - I'm sure you'll play a blinder :thumbsup: As I've said/hassled you before, if you can record it, I'd really appreciate it to give it a listen :thumbsup: If only I still lived down South, I'd be there for sure :(

Appreciate that mate, if there are facilities available for recording the set then I will do so, if not you'll have to make do with a tracklist :mrgreen:

Was a truly memorable evening, fantastic night, really enjoyed opening up in the trance room. Very pleased with my set & got a few fair compliments so it appears everything went down well.

The rest of the DJs (as you'd expect) were on top form & it was great to stay in the venue afterwards & party with everyone else, set of the night for me was Super8 & Tab, they were on absolutely prime form, every track was perfection, really rate them very highly after last night.

I'll write a full report later this evening as I've only just got back after the long drive home (damn M25), but suffice to say I was loving it.

Will write up after the show at about 8 :)

Right then, where to begin...

Headed out from home around 3pm Saturday afternoon, had a good car full with a fair few mates meeting us down in London later on. Made decent time on the way down, only really hitting traffic at Vauxhall Bridge. Found our hotel (Travel Inn, Tower Bridge) easily enough & set to getting unpacked & having a walk around to check out the venue, eat & have a few beers.

We got to the venue around 6.30, meeting promoter Ross and a few others who were busy working on the decor, there was lot to get done but you could see it was gona be a wicked setup once ready, a real underground club vibe to it with three nicely sized rooms.

I had a quick look at the booth to see what I was gona be working with (Pioneer CDJ 1000s MKIII, Pioneer DJM 600 & a couple of 1210s, very nice!)

After that we had a walk round (about a mile to our hotel) and found a McD's & a decent pub for some food & drink. Got back to the room about 8.30 & chilled out for an hour or so, before heading to the venue via taxi (my record bag is surprisingly heavy ;) )

Made my way inside the club at just after 9.45 & was amazed at how well the guys had kitted it out, the outdoor terrace was gorgeously done & all three rooms were decorated & ready to go with a wicked laser setup & some nice lighting.

I kicked things off just after 10, instanly noticing that the main booth monitor wasn't working, managed to get by on headphones & the main club output ok & the sound was still fine to mix with.

Began the set with some slightly deeper tunes working through to a more progressive trance vibe near the end of my set at 11.30, had good reactions throughout with some sing-a-long action (i kid you not) and the sight of Jonas Steur bopping away for the final 5 tracks or so, I was very pleased with how it all went, the Funktion One system they had in was impressively loud but still very crisp & clear, a great setup to play on!

My set went like this...

01 - Native & Silver ft Ani 'The Dome' (4Mal Sub Flowing Intro Mix) [swordtail]

02 - Rasti Tkac 'Sparkling Inspiration' (Rasti's Gaia Mix) [Toes In The Sand]

03 - Fine Taste 'More Grey Than Blue' [Little Mountain]

04 - Mark Otten vs Perry O'Neil 'We're Not Innocent' [Electronic Elements]

05 - Rocco Mundo & Onno 'Insanity Defense' [Little Mountain]

06 - Sultan & Ned Shepard 'Together We Rise' [shinichi]

07 - Cerf, Mitiska & Jaren 'Light The Skies' (Retrobyte Light The Sidechain Remix) [Armind]

08 - Dc Project 'Absurd Things' [Neuroscience Deep]

09 - Benz & MD 'Underoath' (Perry O'Neil Remix) [baroque]

10 - Mark Otten 'Tranquility' (Markus Schulz Coldharbour Mix) [Armind]

11 - Kirsty Hawkshaw meets Tenishia 'Outsiders' (Jose Amnesia Remix) [Armind]

12 - Andrew Bennett 'Menar' [Coldharbour]

Jonas took over from me & after a lenghty chat about the broken monitor, Polisg crowds (?) and DJing in general I left him to it & I have to say played a mightily impressive set, nice & chunky trance throughout & hearing SvD 'Back By Dope Demand' was a real highlight, what a tune! Jonas continued to rip it up up until he handed over to Leon Bolier.

Leon was also a really cool guy & i managed to rab a word whilst in the booth (blagger!) he played a lot of tracks that I was unfamiliar with, opening with an intro version of the Ali Wilson remix of Coldplay which sounded class, the highlight of his set for me was hearing 'As The Rush Comes' still an amazing track.

During the second half of Leon's set I was wondering around checking out the terrace & other areas chatting to people & handing out a few demos, the promoters Greg & Ross were kind enough to introduce me to the legend that is Graham Gold, who was there with his son Ben and a few other lads from Brighton. It was great talking to Graham who had some amazing stories & even commented on my set calling it a 'proper warmup set, well played mate' which was kinda surreal but utterly rewarding!

Graham & Ben left soon after & i made my way back to the main room for what was easily my set of the night from Super8 & Tab, the booth wasn't the biggest so i couldn't manage to get back in for a chat but the guys totally rocked it, tune after tune, definately worth seeing if you haven't already.

Highlights were 'Suru' 'Helsinki Watching' & the new Tranquility Base track 'Oceanic' which all sounded superb, I can't wait to see them play again soon, top draw performance.

I also caught a section of Lizzie Curious' set with her fella Simon in the electro room for a while, i'm not usually into electro but Lizzie's style is something else, she's destined for massive things, great personality & presence behind the decks, if you get chance go & see her.

I left soon after Super8 & Tab were done as I was totally drained from all the organising, driving & playing I'd done, top, top night in a great venue, one not to forget!

Archived