Is It Back 2 Old Way's 4 Jules On A Friday Nyt

Marty Mayes

But I totally agree with you about the festivals. Here's hoping some exceptions are made.

By the looks of things, exceptions are going to be made because yesterday I receieved a press release from Cream to post on my Trance site saying that they've agreed a deal with BBC Radio 1 which will see them broadcasting from Creamfields again in 2008 after a three year absense - so thats a positive sign.

Besides, Radio 1 ditched the dance shows to make way for Glastonbury and other one-off shows in the past, so I could see them dropping Urban for a day to accomodate dance shows.

The likes of Global Gathering, Ibiza and the Miami Winter Music Conference are too big and important for Radio 1 to turn a blind eye too.

Many people can't afford the £140+ ticket, plus transport, accomodation, etc to go to Global Gathering, or simply live too far away, so their only chance of listening to shows is via Radio 1. If Global Gathering attracts 55,000 people at the event, I should think there are many more than that wanting to listen at home - lets say double that figue for arguments sake - thats 110,000 people.

110,000 listeners is a lot of listeners to turn a blind eye too. I can't see Radio 1 doing it.

I receieved a press release from Cream to post on my Trance site saying that they've agreed a deal with BBC Radio 1 which will see them broadcasting from Creamfields again in 2008 after a three year absense

Thats good to hear mate - excellent info :thumbsup:

You can probs add another few 10,000+ Global listeners too - those that come back from the event and Listen Again.

btw, does anyone know where to find out actual R1 listener figures to specific shows?

Here's the Creamfields press release I promised....

Radio 1 Return To Creamfields in 2008 For 10th Anniversary Year

We can exclusively announce that Radio 1 will be returning to Creamfields in 2008 after a 3 year hiatus! Broadcasting over 10 hours of live coverage from the UK’s favourite dance festival on August Bank holiday weekend.

The return of Radio 1 to Creamfields coincides with the festivals 10th year anniversary celebrations which are set to eclipse all previous events. With 2 years of planning building up to 2008 about to come to fruition, we’ve been told to expect some positive and exciting new changes to the award winning festival, all to be revealed exclusively on Radio 1 over the coming months.

This year’s event which featured show stopping performances from the likes of The Chemical Brothers, Groove Armada, Mark Ronson, Carl Cox and Eddie Halliwell has been hailed as the best one yet and has been nominated in numerous categories at this year’s UK Festival Awards.

This will be Radio 1’s first Creamfields at its new home in the heart of the Cheshire countryside in Daresbury, a welcomed move that has added to the success of the festival over the last 2 years.

Creamfields 2008 will be Radio 1’s flagship dance festival and form part of Radio 1’s summer music calendar.

Cream CEO James Barton says: “2008 is going to be a big year for Creamfields and we’re really excited about having Radio 1 join us for this landmark anniversary year!

Just another thought - this new show time makes his show much more accessible to an American audience, timewise.

Yeah, Jules actualy said on his show last night that he'd recieved a lot of American emails regarding the Ableton vs CD Deck topic he mentioned on the show last week. He said his show is more accessible to those across the pond - which he'll be pleased about because he's always had a strong fan base there anyway. If the DJ Mag poll had been 2 months earlier, those extra American votes may have raised his ranking a bit more.

I'm enjoying Jules's new show and have recorded the first 2 shows straight onto my Mp3 player by using the FM tuner tmer settings. It's good to have a change and l now listen to the first part of the show at 4.45 am, whilst getting ready for work, and then listen to a bit more of the show when l have my tea break at 9am, and despite the fact its recorded the show sounds good to me and so do the tunes. Jules hasn't lost his enthusiasm and sounds very cheerful throughout the show.

Personally l think it would have been better if Dance Anthems had followed on from Pete Tong then Jules and then Annie Mac before Ess Mix as she plays such randum tunes.

However the one thing annoying me is Jules announcing every 5 mins or so that we can "listen again" to the show. He is saying it far too much and hopefully he won't mention it so much once the show has been running for a few weeks.

As already suggested, it would be good if they brought back T&T and also if Jules threw in a few of his one-liners during the show.

I also can't see the point in having a "chill out"tune to end the show when the next programme is the Ess Mix, it just doesn't make sense.

Personally l think it would have been better if Dance Anthems had followed on from Pete Tong then Jules and then Annie Mac before Ess Mix as she plays such randum tunes.

Yeah I agree with that too. Dance Anthems has definately lost its appeal now the listeners aren't involved. I still feel that show should have remained on a Sunday - its ideal for when you've had a great clubbing weekend, and just want to hear some anthems before you go back to work on Monday.

They should move Dave Pearce back to Sunday, move Eddie to that, then vacant, Saturday slot, and have a bit of a switch round so that we have Tong, Jules, Eddie, Annie Mac, Essential Mix - that would work best IMO.

However the one thing annoying me is Jules announcing every 5 mins or so that we can "listen again" to the show. He is saying it far too much and hopefully he won't mention it so much once the show has been running for a few weeks.

Yeah, I would imagine that's more to do with Radio 1 telling him to say that rather than him choosing to say it. I notice Radio 1 have improved their listen again facility recently - now with the option of using Windows Media Player to listen too, so I would imagine their trying to push that side of things more.

As already suggested, it would be good if they brought back T&T and also if Jules threw in a few of his one-liners during the show.

I also can't see the point in having a "chill out"tune to end the show when the next programme is the Ess Mix, it just doesn't make sense.

Ditto! These are the main points i've raised too. The T&T is a legendary part of the show, and has been a feature ever since I started listening to the show back in 1932.

I'm also missing the witty one-liners too. I felt they were over-used occasionally on Saturday - almost as if he was trying too hard to make them funny. They were starting to be repeated too - i'd heard a couple of "Julesisms" that he's used before. I reckon two or three funny ones throughout the show would be ideal.

How about kick annie off altogether an just have he ron ona sunday for whatever nonesense she does and things would be better fridays full stop imo.

I still havent understood why she was given any show in the firts place, and now her mashup joby again fully unjustifies her 'dance music' presence to me.

How about kick annie off altogether an just have he ron ona sunday for whatever nonesense she does and things would be better fridays full stop imo.

I still havent understood why she was given any show in the firts place, and now her mashup joby again fully unjustifies her 'dance music' presence to me.

I agree with that entirely, she has no real standing within the dance music community & just seems to play any old rubbish

How about kick annie off altogether

bloody ell, i thought i was alone in thinking this! but, she is the R1 golden child isnt she? lets face it. She can't mix, can't create an atmosphere within her show, it doesnt flow and she just seems to play whats trendy rather than something she truly loves.

I still think Tong's got it though, his show on friday was excellent.

bloody ell, i thought i was alone in thinking this! but, she is the R1 golden child isnt she? lets face it. She can't mix, can't create an atmosphere within her show, it doesnt flow and she just seems to play whats trendy rather than something she truly loves.

I reckon she has got to be fu**ing some one very high up in the BBC

They should move Dave Pearce back to Sunday, move Eddie to that, then vacant, Saturday slot, and have a bit of a switch round so that we have Tong, Jules, Eddie, Annie Mac, Essential Mix - that would work best IMO.

That sounds good to me too. :thumbsup:

Archived