Ecstasy pills "safer than aspirin"

Neuro

I have to agree with Steve once more, the way you's are making out everyone that takes a pill ends up f***ing monged out their faces and climbing imaginary rabbits at the side of the club. My guess is that you don't realise the amount of people that you think are just drinking is a lot less than you think. You can't even tell me and my mates are on pills half the time, I could probs go to work on them and not get spotted LOL. People don't tend to take them to get monged most of the time, more of an 'enhancer'.

Plus they're a lot cheaper than alcohol ;)

And btw, pure mdma is less toxic than aspirin, thats a fact, dodgy pills aside.

Also, using festivals as an example is a bad example - they're 15-18 hours long ffs! I challenge you to a dance off without pills at a festival, and we'll see who is lieing monged in the corner at the end ;)

Moonman, since you a policeman, when you confiscate drugs, what's to stop you officers bagging the confiscated material for yourself? :)

I like my job, it pays well, its interesting, and i meet some real characters...i want to keep it so everything is done by the book. I'd rather take the nice fat pension when i'm 55 than make a quick bit of cash now with confiscated drugs. Oh, and stop/search forms.

And no, I do not know any "bent" coppers, it's all a myth.

People don't tend to take them to get monged most of the time, more of an 'enhancer'.

But if people need an 'enhancer', it must mean that they don't enjoy themselves - so need the 'pick me up' to enjoy it more! I don't need any 'enhancers' to get me through a night out - I've never touched any illegal substances, and these days, because i'm always the driver, I don't always drink either - and it doesn't bother me - I can have a throuroughly enjoyable night out, and I don't have to worry about the risks of epilepsy, etc in the future.

Also, using festivals as an example is a bad example - they're 15-18 hours long ffs! I challenge you to a dance off without pills at a festival, and we'll see who is lieing monged in the corner at the end ;)

I can always get through a festival without any problems AND drive home safely afterwards without the risk of being pulled over for being under the influence of drugs.

As I said before, I don't need anything to get me through a night out. I thoroughly enjoy myself as I am because I listen to DJ's and music that I like. If people need 'enhancers' to enjoy themselves, then they're clearly listening to something that they don't enjoy.

I'm sure there are plenty of gay policemen/women around :P

Now you're really talking s***, as I said I hardly take pills these days, and most certainly don't need a pill to enjoy myself. An enhancement is something that makes something already good even better. Why do you drink in the slightest if you don't need it?? Would be handy to have a driver on nights out though ;)

It has f*** all to do with listening to the wrong kind of music, in fact that would be worse, cos if you're having a crap night a pill sure as hell aint going to make it better.

I sure as fcuk don't need salt in a good bowl of soup, but if it makes it taste even better, than why not. Even though too much salt will kill you in the end ;)

But Moonman, surely if I offered you these medieval pottery fragments, you would be happy to oblige?

Let's be realistic here.

shards1.jpg

Here's my take on it:

I think to say aspirin is safer than ecstacy is a bit rediculous. Some very good points & silly points made in this thread too tho! I think it depends what context you compare things - i.e. you could say 'its safer to take pills than go out riding on your bike' regarding the statistics relating to these two activities. However taking ecstacy is a risk obviously, and by not taking it you reduce the risk to yourself - but saying that i don't think ecstacy is that risky, fair enough its a risk to take and i suppose u could call it 'dangerous' but only a very small risk. It is commonly misreported in that the reason for ecstacy related deaths - commonly actaully down to dehaydration etc & then collapse, rather dying instantly from something in the drug that is made out.

Regarding mongo's in clubs i do have to agree to an extent, i hate it when there's some sweaty mess of a person barging into you mumbling absolute s*** to u, no thanks!! But i would say there is a huge proportion of ppl in clubs who do take ecstacy, a huge majority. So therefore a lot of the 'normal' ppl are on it. I agree with the comments regarding the friendly atmosphere too - when do u EVER see trouble at decent club nights (we're not taking events that jules plays at, haha! - kidding!) i mean good underground club nights that we go too, that are chav free. There's never any trouble - i have never seen one bit of trouble at plug where i go frequently over a very long peiod of time, it just doesn't have the degree violence that binge alcohol chavs cause, so i'd much prefer to be in an atmosphere with ppl on ecstacy than pissed & aggesive twats on booze!

Archived