Turns out you guys are right...........

Judge Mental

I'm really not sure how this sorta thing works, ever since I joined this (very nice) board, I've ripped trance to pieces, the stuff I used to love, but what I would say to any aspiring djs out there......

I know I love my minimal techno crap, but get some of that bollocks to practice mixing with, cos its the thing that got me as good as I am now, you end up thinking about it more without thinking if you know what I mean? Not blowing my own trumpet, but if you ever hear a bad mix from me, its cos I only spent 2 secs beatmatching, rather than my usual 4 seconds. I might come back to this thread later after my beer wears off LOL :(

He's had a few beers sir Briggsy, surely a tongue-in-cheek phrase! Mr Judge Mental, can you recommend some of your "techno bollocks"? I'm always looking to expand my musical repertoire...

btw when I'm mixing, I find my 80s records the best to mix with. Although I get tired if I'm wearing any of my armour, it's quite heavy!

How can you keep a mix in sync for over a minute if you only spend 4 seconds beatmatching? There's no way anyone can get a solid beatmatch in 4 seconds unless they're constantly having to arse about making adjustments on the fly.

Yep - I can beatmatch in about that time... it comes from over 20 years of classical music training and a natural sense of rhythm/pitch/tempo...

I agree you can get it 98% there very quickly but everyone needs to fine-tune their mixing live to an extent surely, even if its a tiny brush of the platter or a slight pinching or twist of the centrepin, to get it as tight as a duck's rear orifice?

Atmosphere is the crucial thing in my opinion that rises above all - for those sword waving moments!

How can you keep a mix in sync for over a minute if you only spend 4 seconds beatmatching? There's no way anyone can get a solid beatmatch in 4 seconds unless they're constantly having to arse about making adjustments on the fly.

Beer has worn off now. There's no way to answer that without sounding cocky and up myself, but after 8 years of mixing, yeah, tbh it is that easy. I couldn't even do anything like that 2 years ago, and aye, I might have to move the pitch 0.02mm every now and again, but I dunno how you guys with cd decks manage, 1210's are 100% perfect, cd decks are what? Analogue vs digital, know what I'd go for every time.......

For whoever it was that asked for some techno tunes, I'll make a list of stuff you might like tomorrow, I hate the word minimal, cos most of it is anything but, I like tunes that make you start dancing away to yourself before you even realise that you're doing it, as you're mixing it in.

PS. The Jock Itch is fine ;)

yeh, Eddie takes about sec's to beatmatch, just so much practice & such a good ear for it!

Judge Mental - i would deffo like to hear a techno mix from u, i like a fair bit of tech-house & techno :thumbsup:

No problem mate, tis my mums birthday though, so if I can get back to my decks at some point I'll record it. And play as many f***ing tunes as I can to show I'm not taking the piss, and that yeah, mixing is hard, but after 8 years, you get good at it lol.

If you know any technoish ideas it'd be a good starting point mate, cos I play all sorts of s*** these days. Otherwise I'll guess lol.....

Also..... can some moderator / admin take the swear filter off? When I do post here its usually something I feel passionate about, and being Glaswegian the odd swearword pops out. You know by now that I don't mean it in a bad way, but we're all over the age of 12, I'm sick of typing f******** when you all know what I mean anyways.

Let the swearing commence... (In theorey....) xxx

Also..... can some moderator / admin take the swear filter off? When I do post here its usually something I feel passionate about, and being Glaswegian the odd swearword pops out. You know by now that I don't mean it in a bad way, but we're all over the age of 12, I'm sick of typing f******** when you all know what I mean anyways.

Let the swearing commence... (In theorey....) xxx

Sorry but l don't agree, I'm no prude but l would prefer it if everyone continued typing f****** without spelling it out as l find certain swear words offensive. :angry:

Seriously...? :huh:

I'm sorry, but if the stuff that goes on these days isn't as bad as a couple of swearwords, that you know what they mean anyways, then you must live in a rather nice area, and have done all your life. I'm honestly not trying to offend people, but if saying "fúcking" without it being disguised as stars pisses you off, then you should probably stay in bed every morning when you wake up.

IMO manners don't even come into it. Its emphasis, not trying to (urine) people off....

I'm sure you're very nice etc, but to me that last statement is a weeeee bit 1920's........... What is the point in a star when you know it says f*** i n g anyways. Its a Judge Jules board, you hear swearing in clubs, it happens, get the fcuk over it........ If you have kids and don't want them looking at this sort of disgusting typing, then get them off the computer. Grow up or grow up basically....................

(correct me if I'm wrong) (but "ffs")

Sounds like something I can do mate! Soon as I get a chance but I'm pretty busy at the moment, hopefully tonight, but doubtful...... Still gotta do a mix I maid in 2001 again for one of my mates, with some of the tunes mentioned here, but I attempted it at 11pm last night after my Mum's birthday, and lets just say the mixing wasn't up to my bold claims lol, and was promptly deleted this morning. Beer and decks should mix I think. To a point :(

Also, I'll try and agree with the not swearing thing :( Seriously didn't realise people found it offensive. And especially sorry to Chrissy! Still think I'm right lol, but I'll agree to disagree on this one, I'm really not hear to fall out with people for the hell of it, dispite what you may read ;)

Love & hugs etc, blah blah blah ;)

Yes Mr! You can't come on here and start throwing your words around and abusing our women! I don't think people really mind it on here, it's just a bit unnecessary really if there's women around. Looking forward to your mix though! :)

swearbox.jpg

To be honest its one of the reasons I like this place so much, you can smell respect as you type the address lol. Swearing from me stops right now, but I wish you lot would stop going on about this techno mix I have to make, to convert all you trance lads (/girls) cos the pressure is building LOL. However, every time you mention it I'm allowed to swear once, deal? ;)

Honestly really like this place, you lot seem really nice ;)

Archived