The Random Good music that you like thread"

Judge Mental

for me personally, THIS IS THE BEST MADONNA TRACK. I used to be able to play this on the acoustic, but i've forgotten it. I remember it sounding tricky but its actually straightforward. Either way, amazing tune. So many memories attached to this also, so i may be a bit biased! But just check the last minute of the track and tell me you dont get a tingly spine.

Also, given the fact i'd love to be a proper cowboy (easy) i love the setting of the video.

I'm aware you know my feelings on speed garage, but f***ing hell, that tune is aaaaaaawful!

The only thing I like about it is the offbeat bleeps. The bassline is rotten.

Perhaps its a Scotland / England / London thing, cos I don't know anyone thats ever liked that crap.

Moonman, I think we are the exact opposite of people lol, we don't seem to agree on anything :D

Moonman, I think we are the exact opposite of people lol, we don't seem to agree on anything :D

I know, i noticed that too! That's not necessarily a boad thing though. Either way, i love speed garage, i still do.

There was a belting vocal mix of this too, i think it was only the 7" mix tho, sadly. Great tune though.

WARPED BASSLINES are still what its all about though. This is more like it, pitch it up a bit, let it roll and feel the bass. The Sol Brothers used to make some heavy tunes.

I REMEMBER WHEN I COULDNT GET A HOUSE OR TRANCE GIG back in the day, about 7 years ago, so i ended up playing this stuff out around peterborough. I guess, i do actually like some 2-step records :redface: This being one of the best. I knew a guy in London who dj'd and we'd go to Uptown Records on a saturday to get some 2 step in. This sound was in huge in the ritzy's, peterborough wasn't and still isnt ready for trance!!!

THIS IS ANOTHER GREAT TUNE THAT HOLD MEMORIES like when i warmed up at Liquid in Peterborough, there was a special guest appearance from ARTFUL DODGER pres romina Johnson...needless to say, only she turned up and sang over the top of the tune that the resident then played then buggered off!!

Actually, it's time to pull a skeleton out the cupboard, i do actually like some 2-step, i used to be into it. I just didnt like the whole bling lifestyle that shrouds it. Obviously this only applies to the 1999-2000 though, before the like of So Solid cre ruined it with all the gangsta bollocks. I just couldnt get any trance/house gigs at the time, so played this.

This is good in the way that when played in the pub quiz last night, I've never seen so many freaked out people in a pub before. Terrifies me lol.

The Stranglers - Waltzin' Black

And a few Ian Brown tunes

Golden Gaze (Reminds me of uni, back in't day :)

Time is my everything

Corpses In her Mouth

And of course Fear

Heard that loads of times before I realised that the first letter of every line spells out fear. Genius.

For each a road

For everyman a religion

Find everybody and rule

For everything and rumble

Forget everything and remember

For everything a reason

Forgive everybody and remember

Final eternity arouses reactions

Freeing excellence affects reality

Fallen empires are ruling

Find earth and reef

Fantastic expectations

Amazing revelations

Final execution and resurrection

Free expression as revolution

Finding everything and realizing

:D

• 4 weeks later...

i had to resurrect this thread. I just found an old tune that again, holds a lot of fantastic memories of my final year doing a-levels and a tune that always takes me back to the summer of 99. I've always thought of this as a summery tune, it always makes me smile.

It WAS ON OF THE FIRST TUNES I LEARNED ON THE GUITAR. I think i still remember the chords;- C, Dm, Bb, and F! I remember stressing out learning this because of the F chord and the Bb Chord (two of the difficult basic chords to learn; i learnt how to play those chords by practicing this tune). God 1999 seems like an eternity ago now.

One of those pop records that you secretly like and sing along to whenever its played.

And after reading the rest of your post, F is hardly the hardest chord to master.........

I knew it'd get hate because people just see Five and not the tune...oh well.

F not a hard chord to master? are you joking! You ask anyone who plays guitar when they started, what the most difficult chord to learn is...bet you they say F...and i mean a full Barred F not a "baby" F chord.

Obviously when learnt, its not a hard chord, but to master that one chord usually takes longer that all the other basic chords (e, c, d, a, g and the variations).

Judge Mental, what is the hardest chord to master then? I'd be interested to hear this...

Can't even remember what song it was, but shifting to :

Dm7add9

---3---------------

---6--------------

---9--------------

---7--------------

---5--------------

------------------

For one strum, was a bit of a struggle. Fair play though, F is definately the hardest major chord I suppose, if you dont do it the easy way.

For the benefit of the doubt though, I listened to that five tune again. I think I can see where you're coming from, but still maintain that its a s*** song :D

KLF - the whole 'White Room' album.

This tune gets stuck in my head at times : Minnie Riperton - Lovin' You - :rolleyes::P

Some more;

Bomb the Bass - Winter in July from the Unknown Territory album

or for the old skool look up Dream Frequency - Step Off

Yasssss! Nice one Doug!

On that note,

TTF - Real Love (the original, none of yer pishy remixes)

And might as well add Ultrasonic - Annihilating Rhythm. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRT4T3CjhfU...feature=related

And if we're adding Ultrasonic, canny ignore a bit of

As one of the comments on that says:

"good old days when rave was rave and Es were Es, this s*** makes by balls tingle."

Wooooohooooo!

WE'RE GONNA TAKE YOUUUUUUUUUUU, HIIIIIIIIIIGHER.......... LET ME SEEEEE YOU DANCE, EVERYBODY DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived