Wimbledon

JasonB

I used to love playing Tennis, but I can't stand watching it - especially the blokes because they just serve it at each other at 110mph hoping the opponent will miss.

Everyone in the UK goes Tennis crazy when Wimbledon is on, making out they're die-hard tennis fans, but as soon as Wimbledon finishes, they haven't got a clue what's going on for another year. They wouldn't know the difference between Federer and Fed-Ex :huh:

I do miss Anna Kournikova though :(

I was a very hardcore Tennis fan back in the day. I went out and bought my own racket with some hard earned cash (£13 was damn expensive to me then) and even joined numerous clubs in the area.

To sit watching Tennis though ... god it takes some effort not to yawn. I like snooker though, and that is probably worse than watching Tennis for the majority.

I like Snooker though, but can easily watch that because its very tactical, and its interesting trying to see if the shot you'd play is the same shot that they'd play.

Tennis is just a case of hit it in the gap, as fast as you can so that the other bloke can't get it. Its not very fun to watch.

Radio commentary of Tennis is even worse. "Federer hits it left to Nadal, Nadal hits it right to Federer, Federer hits it back to Nadal, "Nadal hits it back to Federer - oh good shot, its beaten him. Just for listeners that are interested today, Nadal is playing in White, and Federer is wearing white."

Fantastic! :o

Just out of curiousity now that Henman has retired - what is Henman hill called - Murray Mound? (Henman hill was a patch of land outside the courts, not a son of Damon, for those that weren't familiar/interested).

lets re-name it, 'Maria's Marvellous Mounds :P :whistling: '

lets re-name it, 'Maria's Marvellous Mounds :P :whistling: '

It's all about her legs. Those thighs are quite simply, wonderful :wub:

Anyway, what vexes me is, Andy Murray is Scottish he's listed as GBR. Whats the betting, had he been from England, it would be MURRAY (ENG)...If i was Andy Murray, i'd be demanding to represent Scotland - why isnt he? Am i missing something?

What vexes me is this "British" attitude that we have to have some form of glory, and because we can;t produce any truly class players we have to adopt another country's player. It really does annoy me. But, Martina's legs reduce my stress levels quite considerably.

It's all about her legs. Those thighs are quite simply, wonderful :wub:

Anyway, what vexes me is, Andy Murray is Scottish he's listed as GBR. Whats the betting, had he been from England, it would be MURRAY (ENG)...If i was Andy Murray, i'd be demanding to represent Scotland - why isnt he? Am i missing something?

What vexes me is this "British" attitude that we have to have some form of glory, and because we can;t produce any truly class players we have to adopt another country's player. It really does annoy me. But, Martina's legs reduce my stress levels quite considerably.

To be honest, there is no sinister reason behind it. In Tennis, all players from Scotland, England, Wales & Northern Ireland come under GBR.

Archived