Wimbledon

JasonB

What i do mind about is that Sharapova has been knocked out.

Dude, she's a proper treat.

On the subject of Murray. I watched something the other day where they were commenting on how much his accent has changed. He so want's to be English so he can take over 'Henman Hill' with ermm... Murray Hill? <_< Used to sound like a right Jockanese but now it's practically posh English :o

On the subject of Murray. I watched something the other day where they were commenting on how much his accent has changed. He so want's to be English so he can take over 'Henman Hill' with ermm... Murray Hill? <_< Used to sound like a right Jockanese but now it's practically posh English :o

LOL, absolute nonsense!! Being a competitive Tennis player myself, I've followed Murray's career since he won the US Open Juniors in 2004 and he has always had the same accent. And I can safely say as much as he is proud to be British, he does not want to be English!

Ah c'mon! You really think he is Anti-English?!?! The comment that originally started all these wild accusations was a joke that he made about supporting anyone that England plays in the 2006 World Cup. This was made when he was doing a joint-interview with Tim Henman and they were having a bit of banter about it. Tim also made a joke about Scotland not being there but that doesn't mean he is anti-Scottish!

Anyway, his girlfriend's English, his gran is English, some of his coaching team are English plus he has a flat in London. It's just a shame that some people still seem to hold this 'anti-english' thing against him when it's clearly not true!

Although totally English myself, I'm also originally from the Orkney Islands by blood so enough of this anti-Scotland thang, por favor :D

Incredible comeback yesterday by Murray. I hope I will eat my own words but personally I think Nadal will overpower him with some Spanish magic come the Quarter-finals tomorrow...

Archived