Arghhhhhh shaving itches!

Briggsy

Because I shave every day, I don't normally suffer from this because it don't get to grow long enough, but for the last few days, from three hours after i've had a shave, right up until my next shave, i'm itching like mad. Does anyone else have these phases?

I normally shave in the evening after work, but while i've been off work over Christmas, i've been shaving when I wake up in the mornings. Do you think its because I changed my routine and my body has struggled to adapt?

Its driving me mad! Arghhhhhhh

Because I shave every day, I don't normally suffer from this because it don't get to grow long enough, but for the last few days, from three hours after i've had a shave, right up until my next shave, i'm itching like mad. Does anyone else have these phases?

I normally shave in the evening after work, but while i've been off work over Christmas, i've been shaving when I wake up in the mornings. Do you think its because I changed my routine and my body has struggled to adapt?

Its driving me mad! Arghhhhhhh

What type of razor do you use and shaving foam/cream/soap etc?

Sounds link ingrown hairs to me.

What type of razor do you use and shaving foam/cream/soap etc?

Sounds link ingrown hairs to me.

Gillette Mach3 Turbo with Gillette Sensitive Skin gel.

Its not ingrown hairs - i've had the odd one or two of those before and they become noticeable after a day or two. It could just be my skin - i've got pretty crap skin that doesn't take much upsetting. Its odd that its only just started happening though - particularly around the time I changed my shaving routine.

This week could tell I guess - back to the normal evening shaves as of tonight.

I have this a fair bit and I find it comes down to the blades in my razor. I don't shave everyday though, I will let it all grow unless I go out which sometimes means I have a full blown beard at times haha. It sure does hurt to shave it off, but I do have a £3 razor from Lidl ... good thing I got a Fusion Stealth razor for Christmas (now I will get ass rapped when I need new blades)

Your topics are getting more & more random mate, you after Quadrant's crown at the next annual board awards? :D

lol its not that random! I could never claim Quadrants crown anyway - I don't post pictures of maces, cakes, medieval activities or homosexuals in my posts :lol:

I have this a fair bit and I find it comes down to the blades in my razor. I don't shave everyday though, I will let it all grow unless I go out which sometimes means I have a full blown beard at times haha. It sure does hurt to shave it off, but I do have a £3 razor from Lidl ... good thing I got a Fusion Stealth razor for Christmas (now I will get ass rapped when I need new blades)

Yeah I thought it may have been a duff blade because there's always one dodgy blade in every Gillette four pack anyway (for some odd reason), so I bought some new ones at the weekend - but it hasn't made any difference.

I couldn't cope with a full blown beard - that'd drive me mad. I'd need a chainsaw to shave it all off afterwards.

Only time I've dabbled with a beard was when I went to Crete this summer & couldn't be bothered to shave for a week, was coming along nicely but I felt it had to come off upon my return to England. Generally I'm clean shaven, but it usually depends on whether I'm out to impress & laziness

Generally I'm clean shaven, but it usually depends on whether I'm out to impress & laziness

Yeah same here, the most i've gone without a shave is 2 days - and thats usually when i'm ill and can't be bothered. I feel scruffy if i've got stubble - and I hate feeling scruffy. I've got blakc hair too so its more noticable. Some of my blonde mates go for days without a shave and you can barely tell the difference at times.

Some people with black hair continually look like they've got 2 days of stubble. Personally, I couldn't stand that. Plus its annoying at this time of year when you wear a scarf, turn your head, and the stubble pulls the scarf pulls round with it lol.

The longest Ive gone is well... just over a year :lol: prior to that I'd shave every two weeks since Ive shaved everything off started from scratch friday I dont know what I'm going to do now as of yet.

Ive three maters who are blonde two have really light face hair and cant reall grow any to save their life

i get it all the time. I've brown hair so my stubble is noticeable - not good for my job! BUT I love having stubble. It's that bit of rough that makes being a bloke, a bloke! I'm not lazy, i just think i look about 12 years old when my chin is as smooth as a silk purse.

Now my head hair is getting long (very, very long - i'm growing it) the stubble really looks the part, it pains me to shave it for work. I come out with a very painful red rash and usually blood. I've tried explaining this too my work supervisors but they wont listen. It's simply, "Shave it off, i dont care"...shaving for me is agony.

I only shave in the summer I find baby powder straight after is pretty good and stopping any itchyness or rashes!

I am not going to comment on this matter any further, I've said all I need to! :o

Oh and yeah prob a change in ya routine, maybe you're usually asleep when it itches! ?;)

Archived