£50 Notes

emy

Ah see now that IS annoying " FECKING SCOTTISH MONEYARGH!!!!!!!!!!!! " Nobody wants it, once you have it you can't get rid of it, you don't know someone had it until they've already given it to you. No one in England knows if it's for real!

IT'S LIKE MONEY AIDS!!! :o

Banks will accept it, but most shops won't because they can't check it under a 'normal' note-checking UV light.

Did you know that Scottish money isn't actually regarded as legal tender - even in Scotland? Although its widely used and is pretty much standard in Scotland now, shops do have the right to refuse to accept it if they really want to.

Technically aye, but it is really annoying when English places don't take them, and when English people have to swop all their money back before they leave.

And Briggsy, Scottish notes have everything security wise, inc UV, thats a terrible excuse :P

We take anything Sterling up here, including Northern Irish notes and Isle of Man coins. Its all British money at the end of the day! Strictly legal or not. And believe it or not, shops in England can actually take them to an RBS, or any other English bank :o Shock horror!

And Briggsy, Scottish notes have everything security wise, inc UV, thats a terrible excuse :P

We take anything Sterling up here, including Northern Irish notes and Isle of Man coins. Its all British money at the end of the day! Strictly legal or not. And believe it or not, shops in England can actually take them to an RBS, or any other English bank :o Shock horror!

From what I recall seeing somewhere once, English note testing machines are different in some way to the Scottish machines which prevents them from being tested properly - I think the Scottish notes have a different kind of security which can't be detected on the English machine - so shops don't accept them. The banks will take them - thats where I used to get all mine changed when I used to go out with a girl in Edinburgh years ago - the shops just won't take them to get them changed, which used to be a pain. The only shop in Coventry that would take them off me was HMV.

Note testing machine?!

If you need a machine then you really shouldn't be working in a shop. Never ever had anyone use anything more than uv light.

On a side note (pardon the pun) have you ever looked at a driving license under UV? Its really cool, all different colours and different on both sides.

I hate getting Scotland money, whenever someone hands it to me its like proper foreign money to me and I don't see why they cant just pay with the other ENGLISH notes in their wallet?

Kevin & Perry scene anyone? It wasnt a Jazz Mag was it?

It might have been me who inspired the almighty Kevin and Perry scene :lol:

Archived