Valentines Day

kml

Valentines Day really is a bit of a joke though isn't it? Sorry for being cynical but it really is just a made up load of rubbish which pressures people into buying slapdash gifts & sub-standard cards as they feel obliged to show their love for someone in a tacky 'Hallmark' type way.

Valentines Day really is a bit of a joke though isn't it? Sorry for being cynical but it really is just a made up load of rubbish which pressures people into buying slapdash gifts & sub-standard cards as they feel obliged to show their love for someone in a tacky 'Hallmark' type way.

Yes and to get many of us to spend money we don't have after christmas

It is a bit yeah - its just a day for the shops to make loads of money really - along with other fad days such as Mothers day, Fathers day, Grandparents day, National Pet Lizard day, etc.

I've got nothing wrong with any of those causes - I just feel that we should tratet our parents to a meal, etc ecvery now and again everyway - not stick to a specific date where we'll be charged double for the privelage anyway.

Personally, rather than spend £70 on a bunch of flowers that'd normally cost £40 and a meal for £30 that'd normally cost £15, i'd rather save the cash and spend the money a fews later and take the missus for a weekend away somewhere instead of being ripped off.