Headphones

markos191178

Its all about personal preference - its hard to suggest one particular brand. Sony, Sennheisser, Pioneer & Technics all do club standard headphones now - so go to a shop that will let you test them out before you buy.

Sennheisser HD25's & Sony MDR-V700's seem to be the most popular out there. Most people seem to swear by the Sennheissers and are anti-Sony's because of a manufacturing fault that was cured about 3 years ago - but they've retained that stigma.

I've never really got into the Sennheissers. Although the sound is a bit crisper, they lack the bass that the Sony's have. The Sony MDR-V700's tend to be really bassy, which I like. I swear by the Sony's, and wouldn't ever change. I'm on my 2nd pair now - and wouldn't hesitate about getting a 3rd pair when I need them.

Sonys for me, have had the MDR-700s for nearly 3 years & have nothing but good things to say, the senns are lighter but are a bit flimsy imo

What Tom said ^^

Ignore the plonkers that say they break easily by the knuckle-joint - that problem was solved ages ago with a new design. Damn good headphones IMO.

Decks.co.uk are doing them for £89 at the moment too. They used to be £120 when I bought mine, so they're a good buy now :D

i use the Sony's aswell. I did previously use the Technics RPDJ1210's they were very good but the padding kept on pulling off. If that didnt happen with them, i'd go back onto the Technics. But the Sony's are stupidly good.

Ive had the pain problem before, can't remember which headphones but they gripped my head so firmly my skull felt like it was being crushed after 30 minutes. Even worse, the most pressure was at them really painful areas just above the space in between your ears and eyes (make sense?)

A lot of people seem to use the sonys and so do I and I love 'em. I've used the new pioneer ones too and they seem just as good, perhaps a little louder. If my sonys break (which I hope they wont) then i'd def consider getting the pioneers!

Does anyone else wear glasses, coz they really can be quite painful when you have headphones on.

How do you get round that?

Yes I do and this was one of the major factors in my choice. I use the Sennheiser HD 25's and they haven't given me any problems at all. They are lightweight and have smaller capsules than most of the other brands - so I can wear them without them really touching my glasses at all.

The sound quality on these is superb and you can get alot of volume out of them without distortion also (although I keep mine much lower level than most of my mates who DJ as I try to look after my ears!)

I also use these headphones for sound engineering and they are pretty much industry standard in the world of professional live sound.

I doubt I'd ever try anything else to be honest.. very happy with them

I've got a pair of AKG's (K 518 LE) that cost me about £40 & for the money they're pretty good. Adequate bass responce, nice crisp sound, etc. If I had the money i'd go for HD25's over the Sony's simply down to personal preference. I get the glasses problem too so I usually just take them off when i'm mixing.

Its all about personal preference - its hard to suggest one particular brand. Sony, Sennheisser, Pioneer & Technics all do club standard headphones now - so go to a shop that will let you test them out before you buy.

Sennheisser HD25's & Sony MDR-V700's seem to be the most popular out there. Most people seem to swear by the Sennheissers and are anti-Sony's because of a manufacturing fault that was cured about 3 years ago - but they've retained that stigma.

I've never really got into the Sennheissers. Although the sound is a bit crisper, they lack the bass that the Sony's have. The Sony MDR-V700's tend to be really bassy, which I like. I swear by the Sony's, and wouldn't ever change. I'm on my 2nd pair now - and wouldn't hesitate about getting a 3rd pair when I need them.

id actually say the sonys were more bassy than the sennheisers

but the senneheisers are more crisp and sound better, also the sonys did have dubious build quality on the 1st revision but this was fixed on the mk2 version.

iv got both the sennheiser hd25 and sony mdr v700 and id say i prefer the quality of the sennehsiers, but from time to time build both.

what annoys me is only 1 cup on the sennheisers rotates, not both. but i like that all parts can be easilly replaced.

I have the HD25 as my main pair and HD200 as a backup or for different circumstances. Like most, I've become a fanboy of the chosen brand and wouldn't think of trying anything other than Sennheiser.

Has anyone tried the HD25 MkII?

iv got the mk2 sennheiser hd25 - there isnt really any difference, just slightly longer cable, better screw on plug on some models and they include a bag, and velour replacement earpeieces.

Archived