Perfecto on tour mixes

kml

Anyone listen to the Perfecto on tour mixes?

I have downloaded a few and there are some decent tunes on them. Huge downside is the fact that every few minutes I am reminded that it is Paul Oakenfold Perfecto on tour that I am listening to!

Anyone listen to the Perfecto on tour mixes?

I have downloaded a few and there are some decent tunes on them. Huge downside is the fact that every few minutes I am reminded that it is Paul Oakenfold Perfecto on tour that I am listening to!

iv heard a few of them, there ok, basically its like a podcast of paul oakenfold djing in clubs aint it??

The Essential Mix tour he did was & still is absolutely class, the Lotherton Hall set is also an absolute cracker.

He's hardly worth bothering with anymore but due to his enhanced profile he still commands a huge fee & still packs clubs

The Essential Mix tour he did was & still is absolutely class, the Lotherton Hall set is also an absolute cracker.

He's hardly worth bothering with anymore but due to his enhanced profile he still commands a huge fee & still packs clubs

i stopped listening after i heard bland sets that were boring, verging on commercial, same tunes, bad mixing in 1 of the essential mixes that was at cream.

he went through a period that every set contained the david guetta vs egg track

Oakey has been useless for about 8 years now. He's got his fingers in many pies (Movie soundtracks, pop music chart hits, DJ'ing, production, artist management, labels). Lets face it - the guy is a multi-millionaire, and despite commanding big fee's, its pocket money to him. His heart isn't with it any more. This was obvious the last three times I saw him (3 times in 2 years - not by choice - 2 fesivals I was at, plus a club set alongside a DJ I wanetd to see) - all three times, over that period, he played the same tunes - Fred Baker - Total Blackouit, Thomas Bronzwaer - Constellation, Grace - Not Over Yet, Southern Sun, etc. Thats not on for someone of his stature that gets hundreds of free tunes a month.

i stopped listening after i heard bland sets that were boring, verging on commercial, same tunes, bad mixing in 1 of the essential mixes that was at cream.

he went through a period that every set contained the david guetta vs egg track

You obviously didn't listen to the right mixes mate, not any of his recent mixes. The Essential Mix Tour was a series of live recordings he did quite a while ago & are some of the most iconic trance mixes you will ever hear. They were all recorded about 8 years prior to the track you mentioned in 1999.

The tracklists for the tour are contained within a thread on TA HERE not sure whether there are any direct links in there anymore though

when Oakey was at Cream he was unstoppable. He really couldnt put a foot wrong. It all went wrong for him when he went to become resident at "Home", it didnt work out and he struggled to find a residency like Cream again, that i feel, was the reason for his downfall.

I've seen Oakey at Cream and have some great memories from that place (those that i can remember!!).

Yes he has become stale, but even he's said it, DJing is no longer his number one priorty. He's moved on, it's as simple as that. Whilst i dont agree with the fee he commands, at the end of the day, he is in business to "make coin" and he does, his name is simply a brand, and the americans love that shizzle.

when Oakey was at Cream he was unstoppable. He really couldnt put a foot wrong. It all went wrong for him when he went to become resident at "Home", it didnt work out and he struggled to find a residency like Cream again, that i feel, was the reason for his downfall.

I've seen Oakey at Cream and have some great memories from that place (those that i can remember!!).

Yes he has become stale, but even he's said it, DJing is no longer his number one priorty. He's moved on, it's as simple as that. Whilst i dont agree with the fee he commands, at the end of the day, he is in business to "make coin" and he does, his name is simply a brand, and the americans love that shizzle.

Take the money and run :lol:

I was reading last week about Pete Tong getting 20k a time!

Take the money and run :lol:

I was reading last week about Pete Tong getting 20k a time!

Well, i can see it from their perspective. If i was offered 20K a gig i'd take it, hell yeah i would, and thats not selling out either. Because with that money i could continue to DJ and look at production aswell. Anyone would be a fool to knock that amount on the 'ead. Those who say they would do it for free are lying, it makes no sense to play for free if you can make money out of it.

We have to remember, the old 1988 free love parties are well and truly over, this here clubbing is a business.

I simply dont agree with their fee's because, of course, it should be me getting all that money to play out!!! :P

I don't mind any DJ getting paid - but being paid £20,000 is damn right greedy.

If a DJ gets £500 a gig, and does 2 sets a night, 2 days a week, they'd still be earning around £8,000 a month.

Anyone that can't live on £94,000 a year needs shooting.