Perfecto on tour mixes

kml

I don't mind any DJ getting paid - but being paid £20,000 is damn right greedy.

If a DJ gets £500 a gig, and does 2 sets a night, 2 days a week, they'd still be earning around £8,000 a month.

Anyone that can't live on £94,000 a year needs shooting.

As long as the performance matches the fee and clubs and punters are willing to pay for it, then it is fine in my book.

Wish I earned it :boohoo:

Hmmmm it is annoying when you get to my age and have other responsibilities and simply getting into Global Gathering costs like 150 quid, so a couple cost 300 plus travel, and spends, that is actually ridiculous. It means that I and prob many other people just CAN'T go. :rubbish: Can't justify anyone earning 20k for a session DJing that is obscene. That's all I get in a year!

I used to pay a fiver to see Jules and a couple of other DJ's. But hey, things move on I guess.

Hmmmm it is annoying when you get to my age and have other responsibilities and simply getting into Global Gathering costs like 150 quid, so a couple cost 300 plus travel, and spends, that is actually ridiculous. It means that I and prob many other people just CAN'T go. :rubbish: Can't justify anyone earning 20k for a session DJing that is obscene. That's all I get in a year!

I used to pay a fiver to see Jules and a couple of other DJ's. But hey, things move on I guess.

We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very p***ed off!

What out me off was the 2003 Ibiza EM was absolute tosh, I've read a interview where Oakie said the moniters were kuffed thats why he was all over the place beatmatching wise etc.. well there is soldiering on with just your headphones doing better than he did at times! (well I'd assume! Never played out ina club so dont quite know but still..)

Also Two benny benassi tunes, tom middleton mix of Coldpay at the end, no flow at all,. very random

Edited by JasonB

Monitors are important but you can headphone mix, it's not particularly difficult to do. Someone playing such a prestigious event & someone who is so reverred should certainly be able to do it.

Anyone seeing Oakie 99-00 (cream courtyard anybody?) would appreciate him back then. Still heard some great sets during the next few years afterwards though - although did get spoiled through by his U2/rock influences sometimes!

I fell asleep once during an Okenfold live set. In fairness it was at creamfields many years ago and I was shattered. Sat down at the back at the start and though I'll give this chap a go as I've never seen him live before. Tunes were immensely boring, I was tired from the festival and the sleep monsters overcame me. I then woke up during lizard then went elsewhere. :lol: