Godksitchen - Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle 05 Nov 2005

Neuro

Hey there,

Well it certainly was a night to remember. The music and atmosphere was a pleasure to witness and really watered my taste buds for attempting further trance tracks. Tim, big steve and the other big steve - you are truly top quality geezers, I`m so glad I went up there - I`m gonna do my best to see if I can get to Glasgow somehow even if it`s just for the laughs !!. Anyway, I was ok on Sunday, much to the fact that I was drinking water !! (water never seems to get me that drunk these days). A little tired but non-fragile I can live with - ended up getting back bout 5.30am just in time to say bye to my brother who was leaving for a plane to Jersey !!! (now I know why he couldn`t fit both in ).

The guy in the construction flourescent bib with the face mask was a star - although he shouldn`t be using work gear for private use (lol). I heard one reveller say to another guy in flourescent strip - "don`t be late monday morning" great line, if I had the balls I`d say it next time.

All in all - Van Burren was the highlight of highlights - I did actually think there was one tune Judge Jules played - bout halfway through was the best track - I think Big Steve you spotted it also - NAME ?....

It was a pity I had to get back home - but I suppose Fergie, Matt H and Jon O bir were just as good as the DJ`s before.

We ought to sort more nights out in future - maybe with more from the board - like with Bjorn.

Speak later guys

:D:D:D:D:D:D

ps: Tim, I hoodwinked you into navigating in the car for me - I have to confess I am useless at finding my way around (although you know that I guess!) - so you were very much welcome - think nothing of me dropping you off in Durham - the very least I could do - well I would still be in Newcastle now reading the map.

:P

Can't remember Jules playing any of his own tunes :? Altho he may have played Without Love - I really have a bit of a haze of that part of the night :D Jules was his normal bouncy self behind the decks and integrating pretty well from what I remember. By when doesn't he 8-)

ALF - great to see you again, it deffo shouldn't be another year before we meet again. btw, the other Steve is Little Steve. There can only be one Bigsteve :wink:

I think the tune you are on about during Jules' set was Karl G's mix of Yeke Yeke. I do remember commenting when that came on, just a little :wink: :wink:

Thanks Steve. I looked at that site you put up earlier. Now l'm wondering who played "Damager 02" any idea. :lol:

I would love to have been there as l have never seen Armin play. Such a good line up too. Seen Jules about 10 times now. I'm hoping he will be down this way in the New Year as he usually comes to Newquay in the early part of the year and again during the summer.

Sorry, no idea who played Damager 02. My memory's sort of OK til half way thru A&B, but I guess I had one too many Vodka Red Bulls after that :wink: :lol:

Might have been Jules. Fergie's (rightfully) taking a right slagging on most of the boards I read/post. He really was BAD

nice one alfie!

Sounds liek a real good night - we have deffo got to meet up mate, maybe at xams seen as i live rediculously close to u!!

Need a big board meet up but its well 'ard cos we live all over :?

Big Steve - so sorry I committed a cardinal sin in blaspheming that there is another Big Steve in this life. :oops: I`m gonna try and check Karl G's mix of Yeke Yeke - see if thats it - lets hope it is.

Bjorn, Yes we`ll have to meet soon. I take it you dj most satdis ? Like I say any future JudgeJulesForum outings - we can go together ( i need a driver, ha).

:lol:

Big Steve - so sorry I committed a cardinal sin in blaspheming that there is another Big Steve in this life.  :oops:  I`m gonna try and check  Karl G's mix of Yeke Yeke - see if thats it - lets hope it is.

No probs - forgiven!

Go to karlgunton.com

Big Steve - so sorry I committed a cardinal sin in blaspheming that there is another Big Steve in this life.  :oops:  I`m gonna try and check  Karl G's mix of Yeke Yeke - see if thats it - lets hope it is.

Bjorn, Yes we`ll have to meet soon. I take it you dj most satdis ? Like I say any future JudgeJulesForum outings - we can go together ( i  need a driver, ha).

:lol:

lol - mate im just a bedroom dj!

i spend my saturdays playing rugby 4 uni!!

Balls to driving u, drive ureself, lol!!! :D:D:D

A typical Rotherham response - you pass Northern friend :D

I tell you what to be fair, I`ll drive there, you drive back - now thats fair.

heh heh - u know it!!

how about u drive there, then i sleep on the way back? :lol:

Oban and Penzance are very similiar.  I went to Oban some years ago and found the people there very friendly just like we are here in Penzance approx 650 miles away.!!!!

Thank you. I haven't been to Penzance so can't comment but if it is similar to the people here then it must be a very welcoming place :D

Archived