My A2-Level Product Design Project

simonross46

The CD and the slot made fit perfectly ... the reason why the CD was cut in half was because if I did drill all the way the CDJ would just come a piggy bank for CD's, but you would never get them out again :lol: The length of the slot was drilled with specific measurements to fit a CD.

• 3 weeks later...

Now the model is finished (technically there are buttons to put on but I no longer have the time) and all that is left to do is a few pages of paperwork before handing in on April 24th. I've come to update the last part of the modelling process for you all, although there is not as much as other posts. Following on from the previous update ...

I realised I had not yet sprayed the jog wheel, so this is what I did next

DSC08282.jpg

I then painted a silver ring by hand using paint from my silver spray can

DSC08285.jpg

RCA ports (that I cut from an aluminium rod) were then stuck to over the guideline holes with UHU glue

DSCF0802.jpg

A clear piece of acrylic was placed into the LCD screen, the jog wheel put into place too, and that was it :)

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0042.jpg

DSCF0021.jpg

(one more wire port will be added, but I ran out of time to cut out the last one)

DSCF0066.jpg

Alongside this model we have to complete a "2D" aspect for the project. This can be anything to go alongside the model, maybe an internet advertisement or just a logo. I made a logo (as the modelling process shows) but felt this would not be enough compared to the rest of the project, so with the model finished I also designed a promotional leaflet ...

Front (coincidentally I found an image of a woman with hair the same colour as my LCD screen!)

SonarCDJLeafletFRONT.jpg

Back

SonarCDJLeafletREAR.jpg

It's been a really long project to do, although it doesn't seem like 5 minutes since I was stood at work picking out a sheet of MDF to use for the model. Although its been stressful at times (most often towards the end where time was short) it has been extremely fun to do, and now I own a CDJ!!! Hooray!!!

Thanks to all of you who have taken in interest in what I have been doing, and also thank you for all of your lovely comments! (They won't go unnoticed, they are already in the paperwork!)

Simon :)

Truly wonderful work Simon, well done, you are right to be proud, and I hope it brings you great things. keep hold of it anyway, for memorabilia purposes!! ;)

Somebody stole my artwork, and I miss each piece from time to time still. Bastards! :thumbsdown:

Don't let that happen to you!

Thanx for showing us ya stuff too, X

Thanks for everyone's lovely comments. I have put the best into the project now :thumbsup:

I noticed as I was reading through I mentioned a technical issue with the actual model ... well here it is - the LCD screen displays full track information, but the CD is not actually in the CDJ, so in reality no information would be on screen!!!

Archived