Jules with earplugs & in ear dj monitors

Ian_k

Basically seen on jules twitter page he's recently been fitted up with high attenuation ear plugs & in ear dj monitor speakers.

" Fitted & supplied with bespoke hi end attenuation earplugs and in-ear monitors. A new concept- will an old dog be able to handle new tricks? "

hope he's not going deaf after all those years of dj'ing etc frankie wilde style

but i find this quite kool tbh and hopefully this will make some quite good and tight mixes again by jules

anyone else used these, or know any dj's with this style of headphones??

they any good??

Yeah saw that. He's probably got them for free or something....

Anyway regarding Twitter, a fortnight ago I was looking at Twitter to see what other suggestions for an old tune that Jules had been asked to play and I saw a list of loadsa peoples choices, HOW did I do that, coz now I cannot find anywhere to click to see any @ realjudgejules replies????

I definitely was reading all the stuff people had sent to Jules before??

Just wondered!!

id say earplugs probably are

but not sure about in ear dj monitors, but i suppose cos there in ear, means you can have the headphone volume a bit lower to componsate the booth monitors.

I should think that after DJ'ing for over 20 years, all of the damage that is going to happen to his ears has already happened - so I don't think its going to tighten up his mixing. Its not suddenly going to repair the problems that have already been caused. I've only been DJ'ing for 9 years and mine are shagged.

Seems a bit too late to be honest.

I should think that after DJ'ing for over 20 years, all of the damage that is going to happen to his ears has already happened - so I don't think its going to tighten up his mixing. Its not suddenly going to repair the problems that have already been caused. I've only been DJ'ing for 9 years and mine are shagged.

Seems a bit too late to be honest.

id say after being a professional dj, djing over 20-25 years with 250 gigs a year, hes prob got a good innings out of his ears really.

if you imagine alot of pro;s will dj once or twice a week like above & beyond and use earplugs, when jules has been dj'ing 3-4 gigs a week, thats a very good going

Most of the big DJ's out there though use earplugs though - Jules never has though. I remember him saying once that he couldn't get used to them.

I'm the same really - I wear earplugs when clubbing, but I can't get on with them when i'm DJ'ing. I like my headphones that loud that I can feel them vibrating. If I had earplugs in, i'd just turn the headphones up even louder - so I wouldn't really achieve much.

If I had earplugs in, i'd just turn the headphones up even louder - so I wouldn't really achieve much.

This is what I find myself doing, although when you have the sort with different filters in (like I bought), even with it turned up louder you can heard a noticable difference. It just makes the music unimaginably loud for everyone else!

Yeah and Jules has it LOUD!!

Actually loudness is part of what i love about music and clubbing. But proper headphones don't need to be too loud as you can emerse yourself in the music when it covers your ears so I suppose in ear monitors( how the hell do they work ) would be and even better version of that!

Anyway, answer my other twitter question please!

Echoing what Briggsy has said, I find it interesting that Jules has finally jumped onto the earplug bandwagon. I distinctly remember reading in, I think, a diary report that he didn't like earplugs as it removed him too much from the music and atmosphere of clubbing. How could a clubber respect the DJ if he/she has put up an artificial barrier between them? This was the run of his argument.

As for myself, for about a year and a half now I've always used earplugs when DJing or clubbing. I've honestly noticed the reduction in hearing ability after 10 years of volume abuse. Earplugs really do make a difference, I don't have hearing loss or ear ache afterwards, and with the flat response you don't notice any drop in sound quality. Everything just sounds quieter. Most importantly you still FEEL the music.

As for the headphones/earplugs thing. As a rule I keep the open ear plugged and the monitor ear unplugged but I never take the phones off. I tend to like the main channel bleeding into the monitor ear with just a touch of cue, when I'm at home I've always got both channels in the one ear, so in a club environment unless it's painfully loud the phones are generally enough to take the edge off things.

Then I guess that a pretty good salesman has done a good pitch to Jules regarding the 'BESPOKE' and 'In -Ear monitor' factor and he's giving it a go.

I doubt it's gonna break HIS bank, where as I can't even afford any cotton wool balls to shove in my ears atm, but that's ok coz I can't afford any tunage either! :(

I've never tried earplugs I must admit. I guess it would take a little getting used to but the amount of DJs that use them suggests it's not a hard thing to grasp. I think it must have been a lot worse in years gone by as the newer systems are a lot easier on the ears

Archived