Man Utd vs Barca

Quadrant

Want Barca to win, but I think Man Utd will win, Barca have no defence whatsoever, and not having Dani Alves is a big kick to the stones. Plus even Messi was silenced by a good English defence in Chelsea (although fair enough they did have Stamford Bridge in front of their goal.

Hope its got goals galore, but I reckon 2-1 Man Utd.

I'd love to be patriotic and say i'd like to see Man Utd win - but there are two teams in the Premiership I cannot stand, and that's Man Utd and Chelsea due to their arrogance - therefore, I hope Barca win 10-0

It comes from being the best.

Like who?

Anyway what do united do that makes them arrogant?

Arsenal when they won the league - they just got on with it and didn't think the Premier League revolved around them.

What do united do that makes them arrogant? How long have you got.... whenever they lose, they blame the ref. Whenever players get called up for international duty, Ferguson claims that they're injured, yet he'll play them two days later in the league. They disrespect teams by putting out weaker sides (although United aren't the only team that do that now to be fair). They pretty much bully teams into parting with players when they're interested in buying someone.

They just think they're above everyone else.

Arsenal when they won the league - they just got on with it and didn't think the Premier League revolved around them.

What do united do that makes them arrogant? How long have you got.... whenever they lose, they blame the ref. Whenever players get called up for international duty, Ferguson claims that they're injured, yet he'll play them two days later in the league. They disrespect teams by putting out weaker sides (although United aren't the only team that do that now to be fair). They pretty much bully teams into parting with players when they're interested in buying someone.

They just think they're above everyone else.

I disagree.

Arsenal were a very arrogant team when they won the league and tried to go 50 games unbeaten.

International friendlies are a waste of time and meaningless. The English national team is unlikely to win anything in the foreseeable future. Club football is much bigger than international football now.

Playing a weaker team is not disrespectful. It is how modern football works. Top players can not play upwards of 70 games in a season. It also provides other players with a chance of breaking in to the first team. I also doubt that weaker teams would have any complaints about playing a weaker united side.

I have respect for United, they play a kind of football which I enjoy watching as much as any other team out there, they play classic attacking football, employing wingers & using the ball much more effectively & quickly than some of the other premier league sides.

I dislike Chelsea as they're a club built on one man's wealth, they're greedy & full of players that I passionately dislike, such as Drogba, Ballack, Obi Mikel, Malouda, etc. I hate their petty attitude & I didn't mind them losing at all in the semi.

Arsenal are the team I really dislike though, Wenger is the most arrogant there is, his constant 'I did not see it' line is a joke & his policy of recruiting seemingly only foreign players & then claiming he has a 'world class youth system' is absurd. Signing young players from abroad then 'developing' them from the age of 16 amounts to robbery basically. How many of the current Arsenal side actually came through the ranks at the club? Walcott, Ramsey, Fabregas, Van Persie, Adebayor, Fabianski, Toure, Gallas, Glichy, Eboue, Song, Sagna, Denilson, Rosicky, Bendtner, Flamini, Senderos are all names supposedly 'developed' by Wenger, in reality he waited until other clubs had spent all their time nurturing their talent then poached them for a pittance of a fee. The only examples of actual Arsenal youth players that have made it would be Bentley (shipped out as soon as he could) & Gibbs, who has potential but when Clichy comes back will he actually play?

Off topic I know but a good rant never hurt anyone ;)

To some extent, you're all right - which is why i've hardly watched Premiership football over the last couple of years. Its all down to money now, with three or four teams fighting it out for the title each year, a different three of four figting for a UEFA place, 6 or 7 fighting for survival, and everyone else just fighting to see where they can finish out of the 'middle' teams - its becoming more and more like the Scottish premier league each year. The Premiership has been ruined by over-inflated fee's and salaries and masses of overseas players.

The Championship is the far more interesting league out of all the leagues. Its so unpredictable.

I'll only be interested in the Premiership next year because Wolves have gone up - but in reality, that'll be short lived too because we just won't be able to compete financially :(

To some extent, you're all right - which is why i've hardly watched Premiership football over the last couple of years. Its all down to money now, with three or four teams fighting it out for the title each year, a different three of four figting for a UEFA place, 6 or 7 fighting for survival, and everyone else just fighting to see where they can finish out of the 'middle' teams - its becoming more and more like the Scottish premier league each year. The Premiership has been ruined by over-inflated fee's and salaries and masses of overseas players.

The Championship is the far more interesting league out of all the leagues. Its so unpredictable.

I'll only be interested in the Premiership next year because Wolves have gone up - but in reality, that'll be short lived too because we just won't be able to compete financially :(

And you will be a very happy man if the bigger teams put weaker sides out against Wolves and they manage to get some points as a result :P

I retire as champion gambler for tonight. Thank you very much! Sir Bailey you also should collect your winnings!

Welcome to the board bergy 404 by the way :)

You must have only won a few quid. Hardly worth the effort

to all barca & Fake Barca fan's f*** YOU'S & Briggsy grow to f*** up i've hardly watched Premiership football over the last couple of years!!!

well maybe you wanna take abit more interest No one like's sucess and man utd are successful

so start watching ffs

not an insult but watch before you comment

Edited by Marty M

to all barca & Fake Barca fan's f*** YOU'S & Briggsy grow to f*** up i've hardly watched Premiership football over the last couple of years!!!

well maybe you wanna take abit more interest No one like's sucess and man utd are successful

so start watching ffs

We will be back and even stronger next year ;)

Passing game let us down tonight and midfield was very weak

so start watching ffs

Chill out and grow up.

I'm not a Barca fan or a fake Barca fan - I couldn't give a toss what they do - or anyone other team for that matter.

So bark up someone elses tree!

Edited by Briggsy

This is getting steamy isn't it. See I personally don't support anyone, and I don't follow football ... but if I did watch this game, and this would be the case for anyone, you have to support one team or the other? I haven't read all of the thread because it gets way to technical in places, so hopefully this isn't a dumb-ass post.