Well....................

Number2Fan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, I think people vote for BNP thinking that they'd just boot all of the foreigners out - but don't actually know just how extreme that party is. BNP are nothing short of extreme bullying racists. UKIP go about things the right way.

Again, Labour only have themselves to blame that the BNP are becoming more and more popular. If it wasn't for Labour's limitless "Everyone's welcome" attitude towards letting foreigners into the country, then BNP wouldn't have grown as quickly as they have.

I don't mind who comes over - but there needs to be a limit. We can't afford endless amounts of foreigners draining our NHS, housing system, etc. If they come over, they should accept our traditions and lifestyles, fit in, and earn a living - just like everyone else has to.

Unfortunately, I think people vote for BNP thinking that they'd just boot all of the foreigners out - but don't actually know just how extreme that party is. BNP are nothing short of extreme bullying racists. UKIP go about things the right way.

Again, Labour only have themselves to blame that the BNP are becoming more and more popular. If it wasn't for Labour's limitless "Everyone's welcome" attitude towards letting foreigners into the country, then BNP wouldn't have grown as quickly as they have.

I don't mind who comes over - but there needs to be a limit. We can't afford endless amounts of foreigners draining our NHS, housing system, etc. If they come over, they should accept our traditions and lifestyles, fit in, and earn a living - just like everyone else has to.

I agree with all your comments Briggsy. I must admit l didn't vote cos l don't know enough about each party and what they stand for etc, didn't want to give my vote to just any party and then regret it at a later date.

I did vote in our local election (last thurs)

Unfortunately people who DIDN'T vote are not only partly to blame for how the elections turned out but also aren't in a very good place to moan about it either! :(

This is sad as it represents us, and actually alot of people I know mentioned voting for the BNP to me some did beleive it wasn't a racist party, some thought it was a good move, racist or not!! (in other words, they knew it was racist and didn't care)

At least they voted! :P

Unfortunately people who DIDN'T vote are not only partly to blame for how the elections turned out but also aren't in a very good place to moan about it either! :(

This is sad as it represents us, and actually alot of people I know mentioned voting for the BNP to me some did beleive it wasn't a racist party, some thought it was a good move, racist or not!! (in other words, they knew it was racist and didn't care)

At least they voted! :P

Sorry but l don't agree with voting just for the sake of it. Look where its got us!

I have to agree with Briggsy totally. I actually voted for UKIP in the end and I am proud ^_^

I don't think people voted BNP for the sake of it.

I agree - but I don't think everyone that voted for BNP did so for the right reasons. I think a lot of people just vote for BNP because they're rebelling against Labour's "everyone's welcome" attitude - we've got pensioners that have worked all of their life struggling to live on a pension, and people with disabilities struggling on benefits whilst foreigners are coming over and getting loads of free hand-outs - and they're getting sick of it. They just see BNP as "that party that will put an end to all the foreigners" - but don't realise that they're a party that will go as far as bullying to drive them out.

All I would say to those that don't vote is next year, when its the general elections, you really should consider voting to help save this country. If you're not sure what the big parties represent, then just vote for a small party that has no chance of getting in. At least you've then voted, and Labour haven't gained anything from it. If Labour get in for another four years, I dread to think where the UK is heading.

Even though people may have been unsure of what they wanted to vote for, many were probably sure of the parties they didn't want to vote for, but didn't vote. This has been the main help for the BNP I think, this time.

I admit I don't know all of everyones policies, but I knew what NOT to vote for.

They just see BNP as "that party that will put an end to all the foreigners"

That's still not a good opinion to have.

My main concerns in life aren't about foreigners or gays but how will my children and I be better off in all aspects of life.

Regards policing and laws, benefits(and who can and can't claim them), schools, where my tax money goes, green issues and hospital funding.

The fact that we are all born equal and should have an equal oppurtunity to achieve the best we possibly can.

Edited by Number 2 fan

It's definately rooted in voter backlash that so many people have voted for BNP & alike, I read a fantastic article on the 'populism' parties last week which sums it up pretty well. I'll try & link to it if its online.

People who are extremely disillusioned with the way things are going will vote for parties such as the BNP simply as it's a party that gains support in that way, it's opportunistic & almost underhand. They identify the failings of the leading parties & then align their policies to directly contradict them, thus gaining support from people who are restless & unsatisfied with the major parties.

I don't think anyone other than the grossly ignorant actually support the BNP. Their aims & policies are unworkable & their notion that they 'speak for the indiginous people of Britain' is laughable. The country lacks a leading right wing party though so those with views aligned to the right will look to parties such as the BNP.

I have to admit I did not vote and know nothing about polotics really. The main reason for not voting however was through being so ignorant I didn't even realise when it was polling day.. so just missed the chance. I do think it's important though and feel a bit bad that I'm that out of touch with current affairs. I shall make it my aim to educate myself a little more in time for the next elections. I dont see the point in voting until I have some knowledge of what the parties stand for though.

My main concerns in life aren't about foreigners or gays but how will my children and I be better off in all aspects of life.

Long term, your childrens lives will be affected by the masses of foreigners coming in - whether it be education, NHS treatment, placement at college, their future pensions, etc. This country is running out of money - and there are more and more foreigners draining the money we do have.

We can't keep giving handouts to foreigners that come over for an easy ride (plus lazy Brits that sponge off the government because they can't be arsed to get a job - they're just as bad). With more and more people losing jobs, and more and more foreigners coming in to take the handouts, there is less money going into the system and more coming out - so longer term, that 'missing' money will have to be reclaimed by cutting NHS treatments, cutting the quality of education, reducing the amount of expensive, life saving drugs that are prescribed, raising our taxes, increasing VAT on the food we eat, etc.

They do have a massive impact on all of our lives. They may be getting free handouts - but someone is paying for it - and that someone is us.

Long term, your childrens lives will be affected by the masses of foreigners coming in - whether it be education, NHS treatment, placement at college, their future pensions, etc. This country is running out of money - and there are more and more foreigners draining the money we do have.

We can't keep giving handouts to foreigners that come over for an easy ride (plus lazy Brits that sponge off the government because they can't be arsed to get a job - they're just as bad). With more and more people losing jobs, and more and more foreigners coming in to take the handouts, there is less money going into the system and more coming out - so longer term, that 'missing' money will have to be reclaimed by cutting NHS treatments, cutting the quality of education, reducing the amount of expensive, life saving drugs that are prescribed, raising our taxes, increasing VAT on the food we eat, etc.

They do have a massive impact on all of our lives. They may be getting free handouts - but someone is paying for it - and that someone is us.

You should write for the daily mail

From where I am sitting the biggest strain on our country is the fact that we are 'housing' and 'paying for' drug addicts and alcoholics to live a work free life of substance abuse. It's all paid for, for them. They don't pay for methadone theirselves you know, nor needles and then go and take heroin as well anyway.

The other strain on our countries money is benefit fraudsters, not just a few hours cash in hand here and there, there are women having babies because they don't want to get a job, (which also means they are not too bothered about the proper upbringing of these children either and most of these children will only go on to also become benefit strains and do what their ancestors have done before them).Not all single mums of course some have a valid need, about 1 in 10 prob needs the help. I also know mums and couples who actually earn more on benefits than they could by working............then there are couples that live and use up two social houses, two lots of single parent benefits (this is rent/council tax/income support/school dinners/prescriptions and some other occasional extras TWICE) Then there are people claiming they cannot work because of aches and pains or fake depressions, they also falsley pick up prescriptions to hide there fraud and cost the NHS and DWP even more.

NONE of these people I know are foriegn!! And actually I wouldn't care if they were, just the fact that they can and are doing this is a problem, not their race.

As you said, they are just as bad, so why not make the point like that in the first place, just the fact people are living an easy life on handouts (not just lazy people I'm talking absolute wastes of space and oxygen here) instead of say 'masses of foriegners' it makes you sound racist.

Now if you are about to say 'grass them up' I will NOT, for one thing, who can trust the fact they'd keep you anonymous, but secondly other people have and nothing has been done about it. It's ridiculous.

Perhaps SOME politicians who have lived in the real world is more what we need, instead of seeing the country as statistics and spin, maybe a look at how we are actually have to live our lives will help them help us. Then in turn we might vote for the right people.

The expenses row is whats made the last polls results as they are. Scandal scandal scandal!!!

No proper politics involved at all.

Imagine what news storie we'll get with Nick Griffin as prime minister? :confused:

Perhaps SOME politicians who have lived in the real world is more what we need, instead of seeing the country as statistics and spin, maybe a look at how we are actually have to live our lives will help them help us. Then in turn we might vote for the right people.

I agree with much of what you've said, when I think of the real strains on the system where I live, it's put on by people who have lived here all their lives.

However, I don't think the focus on stats and spin is all to do with politicians. The media will jump on the smallest detail in any off hand comment from the pet dog of an unknown political researcher at university to an equally unknown backbencher. They'll also take stats and rip them to shreds turning them upside down and back to front just to try and disprove the initial use of them. Obviously, there both are to blame to some degree. But politicians we have checks, balances and controls on. I'm less optimistic about OFCOM's ability to reign in the media (of which the printed word is not even covered).

As you said, they are just as bad, so why not make the point like that in the first place, just the fact people are living an easy life on handouts (not just lazy people I'm talking absolute wastes of space and oxygen here) instead of say 'masses of foriegners' it makes you sound racist.

It doesn't make me sound racist - it means i'm relating to the original thread title, which was about BNP any why people voted for them. People voted for them because they're sick of all the foreigners - not because of all the drug addicts, spongers, etc.

You've raised some valid points, and I agree with a lot of them because I also disagree with spongers, etc. We do have a serious problem with foreigners too though, and although not directly, it is having an impact on all of our lives. The main problem is, a lot of people can't afford houses because of high prices, but thousands of council houses have been given to foreigners - and we're running out of homes for people to live in. What happens in 2, 5 or 10 years if Labour continue their "nobody else will have you, so come to the UK instead" policy continues and even more foreigners take our homes.

As you say, its not all foreigners - some Brits are just as guilty. Once we stop our open door policy, then we can focus on getting the British spongers into work aswell.

Perhaps SOME politicians who have lived in the real world is more what we need, instead of seeing the country as statistics and spin, maybe a look at how we are actually have to live our lives will help them help us.

I agree with that entirely. Most top politicians are millionaires, and have never experienced living on a low salary, or 6 months on the dole, or struggled to pay their gas and electric bills - yet they tell people they can live on a £6.20 minimum wage (or whatever it is before JM tells me i've got my figures wrong again - I can't be arsed to look - its an example) or how super-duper our NHS is whilst they book into private treatment as soon as they need anything treating. Its even more patronising when they're claiming a salary, but not needing to spend a single penny of it because they've claimed for their food, cleaners, gardeners, TV licenses and gas bills as "expenses". Some MP's have claimed more on one expense than some people earn in a year.

If we ever get a prime minister that's experienced 6 months on the dole, experienced NHS blunders, refused life-saving drugs on the NHS, and waited hours for an overpriced cancelled train once a week, then he'll get my vote straight away.

Edited by Briggsy