Well....................

Number2Fan

I do think you come across as racist at times
I don't mind who comes over - but there needs to be a limit. We can't afford endless amounts of foreigners draining our NHS, housing system, etc. If they come over, they should accept our traditions and lifestyles, fit in, and earn a living - just like everyone else has to.

Yeah, very racist........... :rolleyes:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree - but I don't think everyone that voted for BNP did so for the right reasons. I think a lot of people just vote for BNP because they're rebelling against Labour's "everyone's welcome" attitude - we've got pensioners that have worked all of their life struggling to live on a pension, and people with disabilities struggling on benefits whilst foreigners are coming over and getting loads of free hand-outs - and they're getting sick of it. They just see BNP as "that party that will put an end to all the foreigners" - but don't realise that they're a party that will go as far as bullying to drive them out.

All I would say to those that don't vote is next year, when its the general elections, you really should consider voting to help save this country. If you're not sure what the big parties represent, then just vote for a small party that has no chance of getting in. At least you've then voted, and Labour haven't gained anything from it. If Labour get in for another four years, I dread to think where the UK is heading.

I feel ashamed now for not voting in the European Elections as l always vote in the General Election and at Local Elections. Last Thurs l had a wisdom tooth out and had to go to bed as soon as l got home but l made sure l got to the Polling Station to vote (in the local elections) before it closed @10pm.

I agree with most of the points made by both Briggsy and Number 2 fan.

I know of drug addicts who are almost 40 and have never worked in their life and get so much help it makes me sick. When l needed help (through no fault of my own) l got sod all despite having worked and paid into the system for many years.

One of the big problems in this country is that we have become a service industry as we have sold off most of our manufacturing companies to foreign companies and so there are less jobs in this country requiring skilled labour. Its a sad state of affairs and it is only going to get worse as less people will be employed therefore less taxes being paid into the system and more money being paid out in benefits.

In my opinion, to say that someone should "fit in" and accept "our lifestyles" is racist.

In my opinion, being told that we can't display a St George's flag or call Christmas lights, Christmas lights because it's "offensive" is also racist.

Sorry, but if people want to come to this country, then they should be prepared to learn the language and accept that they have to work to get something. I don't see what's racist about that to be honest.

Its a sad state of affairs and it is only going to get worse as less people will be employed therefore less taxes being paid into the system and more money being paid out in benefits.

Finally! Someone that see's what i'm getting at. There's only so long that we can survive like this before the country is paying more out in benefits than we're getting in in taxes - then what happens? The NHS is already showing its strain, the housing system is already showing its strain, and the benfits system is showing its strain. We can't just keep finding money to throw at everything - someone is going to have to pay for it in the long-term - and those people are us - taxpayers.

I can't believe so many people are so laid back about it. Why should we pay more and more on our everyday expenses, to pay for people that are getting things for free?

In my opinion, to say that someone should "fit in" and accept "our lifestyles" is racist.

I don't think its racist to say that someone should "fit in" and accept "our lifestyles" after all if you go to most other countries you have to "fit in" and abide by their laws otherwise you get thrown out or thrown in jail. Trouble is we are too soft in this country and foreigners know that. Why else would they want to come here.

Things are changing and will continue to change. Accept it and focus on improving your own quality of life and the lives of those around you. The problems that exist now shall continue to exist in the future and no amount of foreigners accepting your lifestyles and traditions is going to change that. There will always be unemployment, there will always be immigration and asylum and there always be people who wish to live on benefits.

As someone that is not English I would also like to know how someone like myself should "fit in" and accept "your traditions and lifestyles" if I was to move to England?

Also it is my understanding that British Law applies to all foreigners visiting or residing in the UK.

I don't think its racist to say that someone should "fit in" and accept "our lifestyles" after all if you go to most other countries you have to "fit in" and abide by their laws otherwise you get thrown out or thrown in jail. Trouble is we are too soft in this country and foreigners know that. Why else would they want to come here.

Exactly Chrissie!

The Aussies have the right idea. They'll let you into their country - but you have to be able to offer that country something. You can't just go over and sponge - you have to go over with a trade, some money in the ban to set yourself up, and you're expected to contribute.

Here, if you've got a pulse, they'll let you in.

Things are changing and will continue to change. Accept it and focus on improving your own quality of life and the lives of those around you.

Thats exactly what i'm doing. I'm voicing my opinion because others sit back and are quite happily to give hundreds of pounds of their taxes to fund a sponger. I'm not one of them. If the system was sorted out, I wouldn't have to wait for so long if I needed hospital treatment, my taxes could be lower, and I wouldn't have to worry if there's going to be any money left in the system to pay my pension when i'm 65 (actually, 68 because Labour can't afford to pay people at 65 now....)

As someone that is not English I would also like to know how someone like myself should "fit in" and accept "your traditions and lifestyles" if I was to move to England?

With no disrespect, if you don't live in the UK, I can't see how you can tell us to 'get on with it' without actually seeing for yourself just how bad the problem is.

I don't think asking anyone to learn the English language and fund their own lifestyle is too much to ask.

I said England not the UK. I do live in the UK.

I can't see how learning English and funding their own lifestyle meets your previous criteria of fitting in and accepting your traditions and lifestyle. So the question remains as to how someone should "fit in". What exactly does fitting in entail? Also how does someone go about accepting your traditions and lifestyles?

I said England not the UK. I do live in the UK.

I can't see how learning English and funding their own lifestyle meets your previous criteria of fitting in and accepting your traditions and lifestyle. So the question remains as to how someone should "fit in". What exactly does fitting in entail? Also how does someone go about accepting your traditions and lifestyles?

Fitting in and accepting our lifestyles means that Christmas is our time of celebrating. We shouldn't have to change the name of christmas lights (like Birmingham had too a couple of years ago) because its found offensive. We should also be able to display the St George's flag without someone having to find it offensive. I find it amazing how a lot of them (not all!) are over here for years, but still can't speak a word of English. That alone to me suggests that they're not over here because they like our country - it suggests to me that they're over here for an easy life.

I didn't say you were racist, but I did say what you said made you 'sound' racist, and I'm afraid it does still a bit.

I'd also like to say, I lived in the next block of flats to a couple who had HAD to leave their own country, they had a young son, the fella worked for minimum wage, and they spoke very bad English but were trying to fit in, I saw people who walked past them as they played football with their son outside and shout " Go back to your own country " I also saw the woman washing up in the Wimpy in town and overheard the other staff Slagging her off out loud as she worked.

These are the people who voted for the BNP.

In my opinion, being told that we can't display a St George's flag or call Christmas lights, Christmas lights because it's "offensive" is also racist.

Sorry, but if people want to come to this country, then they should be prepared to learn the language and accept that they have to work to get something. I don't see what's racist about that to be honest.

I celebrate Christmas big stylee, and I tell a Muslim (Turkish) lady i know what we do and why and she tells me what they do, despite the language barrier, she is trying to fit in, it is hard for her, she takes English lessons, she has been left by her husband and her son isn't yet at school, SHOULD SHE BE SENT HOME? I don't think so. Her home is here.

there are alot of people in this country of different races, who would also be unwelcome by the BNP, they were born here, where would they be driven to?

Do people really think we would be better off if we ONLY had English born people in this country? Can they actually imagine it how would turn out? Do you think all our spongers would suddenly go and work in minimum pay jobs or as Doctors and consultants, how ignorant our children would be, and how UNWELCOME we'd become in other countries we wanna visit or stay in?

Chrissie don't feel ashamed, you had reason not to vote with that tooth of yours, my partner didn't vote and we live next door to the polling station, his attitude was whats the point?

Edited by Number 2 fan

I didn't say you were racist, but I did say what you said made you 'sound' racist, and I'm afraid it does still a bit.

OK whatever. Chrissie knows what point i'm making and isn't trying to twist what i'm saying. I'm just saying what many people think, but are too scared to speak about - for this very reason - when they do, they're branded "racist".

I'd also like to say, I lived in the next block of flats to a couple who had HAD to leave their own country, they had a young son, the fella worked for minimum wage, and they spoke very bad English but were trying to fit in

These aren't the type i'm talking about though. If they came over for a genuine reason and the bloke has gone out to work, then they've come over for a legitimate reason and he's earning his stay. They haven't come over to live off handouts.

I celebrate Christmas big stylee, and I tell a Muslim (Turkish) lady i know what we do and why and she tells me what they do, despite the language barrier, she is trying to fit in, it is hard for her, she takes English lessons, she has been left by her husband and her son isn't yet at school, SHOULD SHE BE SENT HOME? I don't think so. Her home is here.

there are alot of people in this country of different races, who would also be unwelcome by the BNP, they were born here, where would they be driven to?

No, she shouldn't be sent home - and if you read my first reply in this thread, you'd not that I DIDN'T agree with BNP's policies. I'm not saying we shouldn't have any foreigners, and i'm not saying they should all be sent home. What I am saying is, we need to limit the amount of foreigners that are coming in SIMPLY TO GET FREE HANDOUTS. This country is becoming overcrowded and struggling for money, and we can't keep accomodating them forever.

Edited by Briggsy

But who and how can you decide who is going to be allowed here and who isn't? Where do you draw the line and why?

What about Thai, Philippino and Russian brides? This is something at heart I do not agree with(mainly because it's men who see women as a commodity), but I do know some and they are nice people who do no harm. They have no valid reason to be here though do they, but their children use our schools, they have their babies on our NHS but they have never paid National Insurance?

The whole issue with Christmas & the St George's flag is a little misconstrued in my opinion. Often the people that make these decisions are over-conscious British people who go so far out of their way to not offend any minorities that they end up offending everyone.

I know that with the Birmingham Christmas lights it was a council decision made by a 'christian awareness group' or some other bulls*** commitee who sought to 'make christmas a time for everyone'.

The whole issue with Christmas & the St George's flag is a little misconstrued in my opinion. Often the people that make these decisions are over-conscious British people who go so far out of their way to not offend any minorities that they end up offending everyone.

I know that with the Birmingham Christmas lights it was a council decision made by a 'christian awareness group' or some other bulls*** commitee who sought to 'make christmas a time for everyone'.

Yeah, thats true. Unfortunately, the politically correct brigade have caused a lot of issues in this country - and they're also to blame for the rise of BNP :(

I can't believe I missed all of this today! :lol:

Still think this foreigners ruining Britain is nonsense. How about for every hard working foreigner that gets in we send a dole sucking Brit off to that country? An exchange program of sorts.

But seriously, as a white UK male that has lived here all my life, the talk of foreigners coming for an easy life, taking our jobs and as you say impacting our children's lives for the worse is so unfounded and aye pretty offensive. In my job I speak to lots of foreigners that are receiving benefits here so have a good understanding of just what they get exactly and some of the talk in here is just pure nonsense.

I don't see many English people moving abroad to work, regardless of how "there are no jobs here" or how it is going down the pan. Foreigners don't come here cos its easy, they got off they're arses and decided they were willing to work.

I don't see many English people moving abroad to work, regardless of how "there are no jobs here" or how it is going down the pan. Foreigners don't come here cos its easy, they got off they're arses and decided they were willing to work.

To be honest, it seems to vary across regions. The Midlands - in particular, Coventry, Birmingham and Leicester is pretty bad for foreigners that, simply, can't be arsed because they've got an easy life.

However, in some areas down South, they seem to put more effort in.

I think Briggsy has hit the nail squarely on the head. He says what so many of us are thinking, but afraid to say for fear (as already highlighted in the very thread) of being branded racist. Briggsy has also said the same points i would have added.

I think Briggsy has hit the nail squarely on the head. He says what so many of us are thinking, but afraid to say for fear (as already highlighted in the very thread) of being branded racist. Briggsy has also said the same points i would have added.

Thank you. You and Chrissie can be my MP's :lol:

To be honest, it seems to vary across regions. The Midlands - in particular, Coventry, Birmingham and Leicester is pretty bad for foreigners that, simply, can't be arsed because they've got an easy life.

However, in some areas down South, they seem to put more effort in.

That must be so, because there is no such problem here.

Yet!