CDJ Investment Dilemma ...

simonross46

A nice set of CDJ 800's will do you, there is almost no transition between those and the 1000s. That's my vote, but there are also many great pieces of advise put forward on here, so it's down to you :)

I am definitely a Pioneer fan so forgive me for only ever mentioning them but I'd say any of their decks would be great to start with. I had 800's and they were brilliant. The only thing is they then released the 400's which do far more stuff but are cheaper than the 800s.. they are smaller and so the jog wheel is not the same as the 1000's but in some ways you get more features for less money. I have a CDJ-400 as well as my 1000's I now have.

As mentioned already though now is a bad time to buy DJ gear. The prices of all Pioneer kit and probably others went up a fair bit recently but Im sure they will come back down again so best to be patient a bit longer... but keep saving and that way when the prices come down again you'll also have saved a bit more money and can get something really good for the money.

Patience is what I am needing. I've been saving for a while now and have a considerable amount to spend, but with prices being so high it's annoying having to spend so much. What might be good is to start University and see what it's like and then decide what sort to purchase ... hopefully by then the prices drop a bit at least.

Archived