ATB Not playing For Planet Love, Alledgedly Cos of PVD

Ian_k

Why couldn't ATB just got on and play as soon as he could get from the hotel to the venue and play til 23.30? Someone could fill in until PVD came on. The most ATB would lose is 30 minutes.

Why did PL give ATB a clearly different set time from that contracted.

To me, it seems as though both sides could have found a compromise but both stuck to their guns and would not budge. PL must have had a reason for not letting ATB play anywhere near close to PVD and that reason could only be PVD or PVD's management.

I'd like to hear what the actual set times were. Did Jules fill all the gaps, which must have been at least the 2 hours ATB didn't play for, plus any lost time from delayed DJs?

It'll be interesting to see what people make of ATB in the DJ Mag Top100. He was massively on the rise recently.

What a bunch of t**ts.

Personally I think it should have gone like this ...

Paul Van Dyk " I don't want ATB on directy before me if he is on at that time I will not play"

Organizers " Ok Paul suit ya f****** self, see you again sometime, and wave bye bye to your fee "

Paul Van Dyk " grabs his handbag and struts away, stating HMPH!! "

Organizers - *phone ATB and ask if he'll do a 3 hr set instead, ring the later DJ and ask him/her the same question. Sorted!! Then announce to the crowd after the two 3 hr sets that PVD wont be on as he didn't want to play if ATB was on before him. :boohoo:

Knobs on!

Maybe PVD's set was really a tape of what ATB had practised earlier and he didn't wanna get found out!

I think ATB should have played as it is the fans who suffer and who turned up and paid their fee!

Exactly, they are acting like spoilt brats with no thought for anyone else apart from themselves.

They could have worked something out between them so that the fans didn't miss out.

No reason was given when ATB failed to turn up for his set @ Global Gathering 2009.

big respect and fair play to jules for helping out,PVD and ATB would be getting serious pay for that and guess who is paying there wages THE FANS why should they have to lose out

its a bit childesh isnt it,id give anything to play a set at a festival like that

to me it just highlights why trance is pretty much dead these days. There's too many ego's, people wanting too much money for below par gigs; the nights aren't much cop anyway these days. Its why Electro has taken over - The nights are more intimate, there's no bolshy superstar dj bollocks either. I'd much rather see someone like Herve or Jack Beats than ATB anyway!

Haha, having said that I was talking to a mate who was playing before Calvin Harris, and Calvin was getting paid 6 grand for (allegedly) anyway, Calvin turned up and put on a CD!!! LOL Stood clapping his hands and cheering for the gig. Not a hard life is it, that of the modern DEE JAY!!! :pinkman: :rolleyes: :mrgreen:

Haha, having said that I was talking to a mate who was playing before Calvin Harris, and Calvin was getting paid 6 grand for (allegedly) anyway, Calvin turned up and put on a CD!!! LOL Stood clapping his hands and cheering for the gig. Not a hard life is it, that of the modern DEE JAY!!! :pinkman: :rolleyes: :mrgreen:

To be honest, if he played a CD - i'd be happier (only if it was of someone else music though).

I saw him one of the festivals last year, and he's shocking live.

Archived