Election Poll

Quadrant

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I havent watched any of them, i'll be shocked if Labour stay in, surely the Conservatives will get in, Lib Dems still don't have a chnace I would think they'll alwaysbe the thrid party thats always therebut without enough oomphto ever threaten the big two

f*** the conservatives, when Labour first came in and for a majority of their innings, I have been far better off than I ever was with the Tories.

My children have a fairer crack at life than I did, because of the improvements made in education. For this I am grateful to Labour. You may all be too young to remember, or perhaps not from such a poor start in life to know how hard it was. Alright it has all gone very wrong for them in the end, I don't agree with the war, and obviously this current economic climate is difficult for nearly everyone. But we are all born equal, and should get an equal chance to become and do whatever we want. I do not see a Tory Goverment making that so... :rubbish:

I also hope that EVERYONE who can vote does vote, as it's people not bothering to vote that lets the likes of Nick Griffin win seats they really shouldn't have.

Bankers should not have got their bonuses AT ALL!! No argument, not even the front workers of the banks should have got a bonus, I never bloody got one due to the recession, so why the hell should any of them have. In fact alot of us don't even have a bloody job now, YTF should we give a shit whether people that work in banks get their summer holiday paid for, when we have given them all such a massive bailout!!

I have always voted Labour, but for these reasons and a couple more I wont go into, I cannot vote them this time round.

It's gonna be interesting isn't it. :mellow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3ogYg05e_Q

Banking is a difficult one - high street banking is a world away from investment banking, and it's fair to say banks make next to no money from the former. Sticking my neck on the line here but it's easy to get on the slag-the-bankers' bandwagon a bit - with such poor regulation, if I had their job I would have been doing the same thing. If you make a serious amount of money for your company purely off your own hard work, why shouldn't you get a bonus? The problem was the framework in which it was regulated and the reliance on short-term profit against potentially catastrophic long-term losses; the current crisis came about through a toxic cocktail of reckless lending into a government-subsidized real-estate bubble and misjudgements about the risk of complex financial instruments. Yes, there were other factors too, but only a small fraction of people employed in the City worked in areas connected to the big failures. Even within the units that helped to blow up big firms, the damage was done by a minority within the minority. I may appear biased as I work in the city myself (albeit not as a banker luckily!) but, amongst the idiots, there are some seriously switched-on bods out there and I just can't see them all being so blanketly and deliberately irresponsible once you understand what their job actually entails - it's too much of a generalisation and it's very complex when you dig down through the layers that, cumulatively, and across the globe, contributed to the current financial meltdown.

Each to their own and all that - I've already voted via postal vote. :)

Maybe.but I worked hard and my company made profits but I never even got a pay rise, and won't be getting one this year either. So why should they,during these times, when I'm certainly suffering due largely to the bailout they recieved.

Well, with Brown going this afternoon, i'm taking a guess that Lib Dems have agreed a deal with Labour - and as part of that deal, Lib Dems have insisted that Brown has had to go. I don't think it will last long though, so I think we'll be voting again next year. If that's also the deal, then it means we'll end up with yet another unelected PM. What exactly is the point in voting when we're going to have a Prime Minister that was unelected (probably Milliband), and the party that came third with around 60-ish seats, having a bit of power? The rules need changing.

I agree with N2F to some extent - Labour were good to start with - they've introduced some good things to the country. However, over the past 5 years, they've become the old Tories in disguise - putting up taxes, putting up fuel prices constantly, giving you one benefit in the left hand, but then taking it back off you from the right hand, taking our savings, taxing extortionate amounts when we leave a house behind when we pop our clogs, etc. For the past few years, they've been worse than the Tories. Conservatives - tax the poor to fund the rich! Labour - tax everyone and waste it.

It makes me laugh when people say that Labour are the 'working class party'. They once were - but not any more. They haven't been for the past 5 years. I feel a tad sorry for Gordon Brown because Blair started the downfall, and then handed over to Brown just when he knew things were going to get messy - and Brown has taken the flack for it. Sure, Brown is crap - but Blair left him in some of the mess.

Some good points there, sir Briggsy.

Nothing better demonstrates the unfairness of our electoral system than the next three charts, all based on the results of the 6 May election:

1. Share of the vote

share-of-votes-2.jpg?w=300&h=290

2. Share of seats

share-of-votes-3.jpg?w=300&h=281

3. Votes per seat

votes-to-seats-3.jpg?w=296&h=300

To put that last chart another way:

Seats won per 100,000 votes

* Conservative 2.8

* Labour 3.0

* Liberal Democrat 0.8

Well said Briggsy :thumbsup:

I'm very disappointed with Nick Clegg as he keeps changing his mind and in my opinion he should forget about voting reform (for now) as there are more important issues to address. At the end of the day the Conservatives had the most votes so they should be running the country.

Is he changing his mind tho, or is he just discussing the options and the media then throw in their two-penneth for the rest.

I really do hope for a Lib-Lab outcome, Liberals will get more say that way too I reckon. :thumbsup:

BTW l didn't vote Conservative :rubbish: Yes he does keep changing his mind as he says one thing (live on TV) and then a few days later he says something different (live on TV) so how can you trust him?

TBF I've avoided any TV coverage since the day after election. Just about to watch the 'Have I got news for you' special tho. I see what you're saying Chrissie, but then again what choice have we got now really?? Needs must at this point I think. :confused:

The problem with Clegg, in my opinion, is that he didn't expect too much - he knew he was the third party behind the Labour and the Conservatives - so he went on TV for the debate, said lots of good things which made people think "they actually sound quite good" - and then actually became quite popular - more popular than he probably expected over the three weeks or so after that. During the first debate, Cameron or Brown didn't really hit back against his policies because I don't think they took him too seriously - but then after seeing how well he did, they pushed him more during the 2nd and 3rd debate - and I think that highlighted that his policies didn't add up then. I think there would have been a real problem if he had got in power because I don't think he would have been able to carry out all of his policies. The maths and money just didn't add up.

I think that's why we had a hung parliament too - people didn't want Labour because they've messed up. Conservative have been in before and also messed up - and Lib Dems didn't seem very convincing. Clegg is a very good talker, but i'm not sure he could be trusted entitely to do the job at this moment in time.

I really do hope for a Lib-Lab outcome, Liberals will get more say that way too I reckon. :thumbsup:

No way! :)

I think it would be bizarre to have the two losing parties form a government, and then choose yet another non-elected prime minister. How silly is that?

I voted Convervative and I am proud of it :sleeping:

Lib-Lab still wouldn't make up 326 seats though, so they have to make up the numbers with Plaid Cymru, SNP and the one Green Party MP to make up the numbers - then there are too many clashes involved, making it a really unstable government - so we'd be voting again in another year.

Anything involving Labour worries me to be honest. They're a joke now.

Quadrant is right too - what is the point in people voting if we still have another unelected PM, and the 2nd and 3rd parties in power.

Whether we like it or not, Conservatives got the most votes, so they should be in power.