Election Poll

Quadrant

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, i'm actually a little more upbeat about the UK's future tonight. We have the stability of the Tories (they had the most realistic of the three manifestos - plus they did actually get the most votes so deserve to be there on that basis) - but the Lib Dems have actually got some of their best policies thrown in as part of the agreement (ie, helping the lower earners, electoral reform, etc).

Although a coalition government isn't ideal and could cause some problems, it also has its benefits too - for example, both parties have to discuss everything and make an agreement between them, rather than an idea being 'steamrolled' through, which is what tends to happen when a party has the majority vote.

Already, people are dismissing the Tories on other forums, and also saying that the Lib Dems shouldn't have any say at all because they came third (which I do have some agreement with to be honest) - at least we're not going to have outright Tories or outright Lib Dems, so I think that should benefit the country quite well. I'm not sure how well it will work long term, but certainly with the current mess the country is in, I think its great news for the immediate future.

Labour had ran out of ideas and would have dropped us right in the shit.

Blah

Can't people give the Tories a bloody chance? Always bringing up Thatcher etc..... :S

Exactly! It was 13 years ago. Time to move on.

I'm old enough to remember the Tories when they were around last time, and their last term was no worse than Labours past 5 years.

Labour started off well, but then turned into a clone of the Tories.

Well it was a joke and she looks better for the picture than john major! As he is there now I have my fingers crossed for the future. I don't like him or them or any of the policies I know about, I hope a few of cleggs opinions get put into practises enough that my life and my childrens lives and the place I live in continues to improve. I hope something gets done about our soldiers too.

Anyone see the Adam Boulton vs Alastair Campbell row on Sky News?

Campbell is a complete dickhead, can't stand that guy.

Haha, that was funny, freaks me out that Adam Boulton isn't American.

I'm rather surprised 39% of you voted for the Tories. As a Scot, cheers for that :ermm:

Could go on for pages and pages about my views on the last 14 days, and I'm sure it would all be most interesting, but I can't be arsed lol.

I still think anyone that believes Gordon Brown was as bad a Prime Minister as is made out frankly doesn't have a bloody clue, especially if they think David Cameron is an improvement.

It will be interesting coming back to this thread in a year.

I have no choice BUT to give him a chance do I! But he is clearly a f***whit, whom in my world and most of the people I knows worlds, would shrivel up and die. :rolleyes:

I'm gonna stop here.. for the best... but lets be clear.. Cameron is a f***whit, and so are a fair few people that think he isn't. :o

I have no choice BUT to give him a chance do I! But he is clearly a f***whit, whom in my world and most of the people I knows worlds, would shrivel up and die. :rolleyes:

I'm gonna stop here.. for the best... but lets be clear.. Cameron is a f***whit, and so are a fair few people that think he isn't. :o

So that means I am a f***wit? Just cause someone has a different point of view or supports someone else, doesn't make them a f***wit.

Oh well, more people in the UK voted for the f***wit than the scottish arsehole with the fake smile, oh and he's a two faced arsehole as well *cough* bigot *cough*.

Anyway, Cameron must've been a f***wit to study at Eton, of course.

Like I said, let's wait and see what Con/Lib's do.

Edited by Simcut

Ha i just popped back to edit my last reply, I haven't read yours in full, but I get the jist, I'll just point out I said ...

and so are a fair few people that think he isn't.

Not SO ARE ALL THE PEOPLE WHO VOTED FOR HIM!! I was gonna edit it, in case it offended you, however I may be a little late with that.

I didn't specifically call YOU a f***whit. :rolleyes:

Cameron is still a f***whit though IMO!

EDIT* And sorry Simcut, I wasn't trying to call you a f***whit with my other post.