Have we been wrong about the decline of Jules?

kml

I have to agree there are always good tracks about, its just all abut digging deeper for them.

Absolutely agree, I think I have lost my zest for trance at the moment as the big names simply churn out set after set of the same producers over & over. Armin included, all he seems to do lately is whore Arnej, Aly & Fila et al.

I'm finding that I keep going deeper and darker, my tastes are so far removed from trance now, more so than ever before

the sloppy mixing is down to mixing on the fly - this is a dj thing, but basically he mixes tunes at last min on the fly, and doesnt pre-mix them first and then do the final mix near the end of the track, like a lot of djs do, to make sure things are correct, also the sennheiser hd25sp headphones personally i dont think are upto the job

as for set flow, this goes back to what i mentioned above, watch the vids at http://www.be-at.tv/ and you'll work it out

Again though, this can't really be defended. Jules isn't the only DJ that uses this method - there are other DJ's out there that mix in exactly the same way, yet they can put a set together properly without any problems.

As for the Sennheiser headphones - Jules has used those for well over 10 years - back to the days when he was good and pulled off good mixes, so again, he can't blame them.

I think the 2 biggest problems are:

1. Too much Alcohol.

2. Lazyness - Jules has got there and can always command a good fee at big gigs, regardless of whether he puts the effort in or not.

• 2 weeks later...

damn! but R1 haven't had a big shake up yet...When we were in Ibiza, we bumped into Jules, my mate got the obligatory photo with him, he still has time for people which a lot of DJ's dont, and i respect that. I also have to pay homage to Jules for opening the ears and getting me into house. I guess i have just completely outgrown his sound, and now prefer the more straight "underground" (yuk i hate that phrase) sound.

I think Briggsy has nailed it with his post though, tbh.