2005-12-24 - Judge Jules, Studio Session

mitchmix99

2005-12-24 - Judge Jules, Studio Session

View File

01. Soul Seekerz - 'Party For The Weekend' [white label]

02. Aaron Smith feat. Luvli - 'Dancin' (Thomas Gold & Eric Smax Remix) [boss]

03. Shapeshifters - 'Incredible' (Nocturnal Mix) [Positiva]

04. Denis The Menace & Jerry Ropero vs Junior Jack - 'Time To Turn Around My Feeling' [white label]

05. Eric Prydz & Steve Angello - 'Woz Not Woz' (Breaks Mix) [white label]

06. Alex Fain - 'Shiny Disco Ball' [white label]

07. Joey Negro - 'Make A Move On Me' [Oxyd]

08. Knee Deep vs James Brown - 'Unknown' [white label]

09. Tom Novy - 'Take It' (Closing Time) (Unknown Mix) [Data]

10. Tomcraft - 'Da Disco' [Kosmo]

11. Montana - 'Chrome' [Magik Muzik]

12. Marco V - 'Red Blue Purple' [in Charge]

13. Einmusik - 'Jittery Heritage' [Nebula]

14. BK & Nirvana - 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' [white label]

15. Dark Alliance - 'Genetic' [GSII]

16. DJ Jose - 'Steppin Into The Beat' (Panic Dub Remix) [Zzap]

17. Renato Cohen vs Tim Deluxe vs Marco V - 'Loops & Kicks' [white label]

The Christmas Eve Half Hour Mix

18. Filo & Peri vs Doobie Bros - 'Long Train Running' [white label]

19. E Craig vs Ratty - 'Call It A Sunrise' [Reset]

20. Coldplay - 'Speed Of Sound' (Karl G Remix) [white label]

21. Micky Modelle - 'The Beach' [white label]

22. Ernesto vs Bastian - 'Dark Side Of The Moon' [Nebula]

23. Reflekt - 'Need To Feel Loved' (The Thrillseekers Remix) [Positiva]

This is around the time I became frustrated with Jules - again mixing some terrible, terrible tracks with some magnificent ones!

Aye? I'd almost completely stopped listening to Jules at this stage. If it was on, and I'd nothing else to do I'd give it a listen, not make it a 'must' like I did before. I was tempted to grab this just to see, but I don't think I will. I don't know half the tunes anyway!

I listened to this show last night... and I have to agree, it's a messy mix of good and not so good tracks.

These are the ones i like:

10. Tomcraft - 'Da Disco' [Kosmo]

11. Montana - 'Chrome' [Magik Muzik]

12. Marco V - 'Red Blue Purple' [in Charge]

22. Ernesto vs Bastian - 'Dark Side Of The Moon' [Nebula]

The rest is too housey and too many of them are semi-good bootlegs or remixes, imho.

Reflekt was well overplayed at this time but glad Jules played this remix against the grain of everyone else when it was doing the rounds, it's probably my favourite mix of it.

• 2 months later...

I know what people mean with getting frustrated with Jules around this period. The thing is I actually saw him play live a few times that year and each time he played great sets. There was plenty of good stuff about and when given free reign in a club Jules was still smashing it out and pretty much all the tunes were good. However he played a whole load of housey material on the radio because of the whole warmup time slot he had on a Saturday. This was my main gripe with the demise of the Friday show as he always played much truer to his club sound in that slot. At this time I found it hard to access decent tunes because although Jules was playing them in the clubs he wasn't so much on radio. He also used to talk alot in his diary around that time about playing at least one house set booking per month in order to road test tunes for use in his R1 show. Was very frustrating indeed.

I know what people mean with getting frustrated with Jules around this period. The thing is I actually saw him play live a few times that year and each time he played great sets. There was plenty of good stuff about and when given free reign in a club Jules was still smashing it out and pretty much all the tunes were good. However he played a whole load of housey material on the radio because of the whole warmup time slot he had on a Saturday. This was my main gripe with the demise of the Friday show as he always played much truer to his club sound in that slot. At this time I found it hard to access decent tunes because although Jules was playing them in the clubs he wasn't so much on radio. He also used to talk alot in his diary around that time about playing at least one house set booking per month in order to road test tunes for use in his R1 show. Was very frustrating indeed.

Spot on agree with this sir!

• 1 year later...