Does Judge Jules...

lyndon

He's posted a few times and is a signed up member :)

He has also referenced both the site and Tim in the diary entries previously

Has he? that's pretty cool! I knew he had posted, but never knew he mentions the place, and our Dear Leader :oddcake: . Do you know when it was time-frame wise, roughly? He keeps all those archived, so it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Jules could quite easily get the hump about this place, and that's what sets him apart from most others in the biz. I was reading a thing the other day where a lad was posting some stuff on you-tube (with all the usual disclaimers, and telling you to buy it if you wanted it) from a now defunct old trance label, and they shut him down very firmly, threatening all sorts of legal stuff. You'd think these older, smaller labels would be glad to get their legacy out there to a whole new audience who'd never heard of them, but no. All about the dolla bills yo.

No idea when it was, although I think he has referenced the site a few times (from memory).

I seem to recall him saying he met up with Tim at a gig, and then he referenced that Tim runs this site

That's actually really nice to know! I can imagine how busy he was in his Radio 1 days, especially when he was on Saturday nights. So finding time to reply to emails and forum posts must of taken time, then I guess he didn't have to spend any time downloading new tracks!

I wonder if he's ever downloaded any of his old shows?

I don't reckon he would actually. Be interesting to see which, if he had though.

He's not one for past dwelling though is he. But out of many DJ's and a few celebs I've met in my time, he shows true gratitude for anyone who appreciates his work, and I find that very respectful of him. :)

Jules does know about us on here and I did manage to persuade him to post a few times.

Don't forget Jules had a very successful DJ career before his R1 days. I wish we had more Kiss FM shows (and 1997-1999 R1 shows) to archive on here but they're almost impossible to find now.

At least he doesn't take offense like Markus Schulz did recently. As Markus closed the link to his forum page from his official website as people were complaining about his repetitive track selection in live sets and tune selection.

Dj's should be open to criticism as we the fans pay money to follow and support them.

There's always room for constructive criticism and only the shallow-est of DJs delete forum posts and throw their toys out when people give them any.

Jules has always been a magnificent one for receiving any comments (va the emails) and usually sends a personal response!

Schulz & others, Emery & Above & Beyond in particular, seem to want to live in a magical mystery fairy land where everyone gives them nothing but adulation