England - Italy (Euro 2012)

Quadrant

There are a million and one reasons why we went down last year.

I believe that Morgan has the clubs best interests at heart - but his lack of experience at running a football team has really shown over the past couple of seasons. He (and Moxey) have been incredibly naive.

Moxey is an absolute idiot. He's obviously good at one thing - accounts. Apart from that, its about time the guy kept his face out of the spotlight. He's got his fingers in too many pies at the club - and he shows his face in public far too much for my liking.

McCarthy's Premiership signings were poor and he wasted a lot of money. His team selections were also poor. He had too many favourites. He played too many players out of position. His tactics were also dull and negative and he relied far too much on players out-running opponents rather than picking players with some ability. You're never going to win games with people like Dave Edwards in the side.

Terry Connor was Mick MK2. More poor selections, more favourites, more players out of position - and first substitutions being made in the 82nd minute despite being 3-0 down. That wasn't his fault though - he was never up to the job in the first place.

Sacking Mick was the right decision. Sacking him at the time that they did was not. He should have either gone in December (or before the transfer window closed anyway) - or at the end of the season. Not when it was too late for anyone to come in to change things around.

The defence was shocking. The midfield was bypassed by our hoofball style of play - and the strikers weren't used properly. Ebanks-Blake wasn't used enough - and then looked short of confidence when he was used as a result. Doyle played time and time again despite hardly scoring (or he was shoved out on the wing despite us having natural wingers sat on the bench). Fletcher was relied upon far too much and it started to show at the end of the season when his form seemed to drop. Without Fletchers goals, we'd have been down in March in my opinion.

We sent players out on loan at a critical point in the season when we needed them all - and Stephen Ward was clearly off form but was guaranteed a game because there was nobody left to compete for his place. But at least we signed a utility maker from the Scottish Mickey Mouse league that could play in lots of positions and come off the bench to make an impact. Oh wait........

At least last season is over with now. New manager, new assistant - and hopefully new players for a new re-build. Bring on next season. It certainly can't get any worse :)

Ward was originally a striker wasn't he? Or so i've always been told, i'm sure he played upfront in the 0-1 win at Anfield a couple of seasons back. Hunt just didn't look at the races at all last season like many other players, yet Hammil went out on loan? Rather of had Jarvis on the left and Hammil on the right until Kightly's fitness improved like it eventually did.

I think a few players will be going, I just hope Kightly stays (which he probably will). The club has stuck by him with his injurys so i'd like to see him out there next season with a good full pre season under his belt. Need to start sorting that defence though.

I've posted and talked about Wolves' season last year until I was blue in the face.

I'm glad it's over and I'm looking forward to the new one starting (although I am glad it's over a month away).

Despite last season's debacle I shall be there every week again this year

Ward was originally a striker wasn't he? Or so i've always been told, i'm sure he played upfront in the 0-1 win at Anfield a couple of seasons back. Hunt just didn't look at the races at all last season like many other players, yet Hammil went out on loan? Rather of had Jarvis on the left and Hammil on the right until Kightly's fitness improved like it eventually did.

I think a few players will be going, I just hope Kightly stays (which he probably will). The club has stuck by him with his injurys so i'd like to see him out there next season with a good full pre season under his belt. Need to start sorting that defence though.

Yeah mate, Ward was originally a striker - but for some reason, McCarthy thought he'd make a good left-back (he isn't - he drifts out of position far too often and leaves us exposed at the back).

Hunt's legs have gone. He's irritating to opponents, and his free kicks and corners are very accurate - but thats not enough now. He looks like a 36 year old that is close to retirement. He might have a role as an impact sub in the Championship next season - but ideally, i'd be looking to move him on. Hammill is an odd one - he's a decent player and looks useful - but for some reason, he just can't play for 90 minutes. He starts off OK, but then slowly fades out of games. I just don't think our style of play suits his. Again, I think he'd be better moved on because Kightly will be first choice down the right - and if he's not around due to injury, Forde can play there, and I actually think that Zubar could do a job in that position. He looks more like a right midfielder than a right-back to me. We've got plenty of options down the right. Its the left side we're lacking.

I actually don't care who Solbakken gets rid of between now and the start of the season. The only ones i'd want to see stay are Kightly, Jarvis, Ebanks-Blake, Guedioura, Davis and Henry. The rest can go - and that includes Fletcher, O'Hara and Hennessey if the right price comes in for any of them because I feel that the money that we'd get for them would be more useful to rebuild the side than actually keeping them.

Unstoppable, they are seriously a cut above. They can play and score goals without a striker, David Villa was also missing. And when Torres came on he killed Italy off.

The majority of that team will be there for the next World Cup too, and possibly the Euro's in 2016. There's only Xavi I can think of that may not make it, then again if he's still like he is now at 34 there's no reason not to take him to Brazil.