John Terry quitting England career

Quadrant

I think this is wonderful news! I have heard from so many sources (except Chelsea fans) that there are many other unsavoury off-pitch stories involving him, just that the media haven't got hold of them. Whilst a superb defender, he is pre-empting the guilty verdict by the FA tomorrow, methinks! Thoughts?

_63043487_152019967.jpg

The guy is a complete and utter <insert severely profane word of choice here>

However he has been England's best defender by miles for the last few years and, like it or not, was once again outstanding during the Euros.

That said I think long term its not such a big loss. We should qualify for the world cup comfortably enough without him anyway and he will not be the same force by the time the tournament rolls around in two years anyway - better someone like Cahill or Jagielka actually gets games before then to become a better centre half/build a partnership at the back.

I believe that all this was posturing prior to his hearing - he wanted to force the FA's hand and try to get them to beg him to stay on - something that they thankfully did not do.

He has to get a lengthy ban as what he said was ridiculous and, given the precedence of the Suarez case last year, he should be punished.

Everyone knows John Terry is a n00b, even though he is a fantastic defender.

What pisses me off more though is the fact that this had to go through an F.A. hearing, it's like they have only done it to make themselves look more powerful than the courts. Dickheads.

I think we should send all these burglars, fraudsters and sex offenders that get fairly light sentences in the courts to the FA instead.

Although the FA have "punished" him, when the courts didn't, they still gave him a very light sentence (particularly in respect to the Suarez case).

The guy was guilty of the FA charge (as he was found to be) as it was different from the legal charge.

I did laugh when someone posted "JT found guilty! His punishment; a month holiday and no pocket money for a week" :lol: