Ye olde PET HATES THREAD!

Judge Mental

No-one's driving enough Hummers, its all the damn Prius drivers who are to blame for the weather. Seriously, other than the ridiculous price of petrol, please drive cars with as few MPG as possible then we might see some sun!!! Clarkson for PM!!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats quite interesting Jay. Whilst at work, we got chatting to a few builders who are working for Persimmon homes and they have pretty much reiterated what you just said. They have been letting workers go left right and center apparently. These big 6 bed houses look awesome, and they are very nice, but seriously, in Peterborough, not many people can afford these. Many of them are simply being bought to let and transformed into HMO's. Its silly. They also advised on not buying at the moment too, which i'm not doing now anyway, i want to save up more deposit i think, so i'm just gonna carry on renting the flat.

Know what you mean about the rain too Jay, guys like us get a nice summer tan working out and about, this year - nothing. Shame i like the nice tan contrasting with my white shirt :o

And Judge Mental, put some clothes on bruv :P not just a t-shirt, at least a thong or something!

Anyways, pet hates...HAYFEVER! GRRRR vexes me big time. I wait all winter for the summer, and i can't enjoy it cos of Hayfever. Had it since i was a wee nipper. Only one in my family that gets it too. I currently have a cold (believe it or not) too so my mucus membranes are having an orgasm with the production...

Edited by Moonman

I reckon I'd move to Botswana if Clarkson became PM. He's a right weapon.

Did anyone watch the program last week on the price of food? It was quite interesting as it showed how the lack of grain and fuel costs are messing up pretty much every aspect of food shopping. Rising food costs are stinging grain suppliers but they don't care as because there is a lack of grain in the world, they are dictating prices. This then screws the cattle farmers and so on and so on.....

The use of biofuels is also going to create problems as valuable farm land is being used to create these instead of food.

What annoys me about the fuel is that Brown pretends he cares and travels to foreign countries to tell the Arabs to produce more oil. Ok, fair enough but once they do produce more oil, there's no way on earth that the price will drop back down to just over a quid for a litre of diesel. It'll probably drop by a few pence and as people will be used to paying £1.30 a litre, they'll think that a few pence off is good. Absolute scandal.

Edit: Oh yeah.. I forgot to also moan about the weather! It's depresing me. Don't look at the summer 2008 forecast from the Met Office as it'll probably make you to want to end your life. No summer (again) for us poor Brits.

Edited by Uberduck

• 1 month later...

That awkward feeling you get when you're walking down a quiet mainstreet and only 1 person is in front of you, walking towards you.

Then you both try to subtly adjust your direction so as to avoid collision, but go the same direction about 12 times. Panic starts and the inevitable happens, an apology and a spot of embarressing laughter from both parties is required and you both continue on your journey, albeit a little sheepishly :(

Had a good 20 footer today :(

long fingernails. I always keep mine trim. I just think its disgusting and lazy. What i find really disgusting is when people have just one really long fingernail (usually small finger) so they can pick their nose. Use a god damn tissue FFS!

If I were a policeman also, I\'d also be corrupt. A few favours and dealings on the side helps everyone.

If anyone remembers watching THE BILL on itv in the old days, I\'d love to have been that corrupt cop.... DCI Don Beech :D

200px-Billy_murray.jpg

^&*^)($)£\"££%$\")%WTEWR 985u6$%$£985u6$%$£985u6$%$£985u6$%$£985u6$%$£GDOFRGERTrdfsgdfligjhpo9tete95086309830985u6$%$£^)@@:><@:><>{<${%%$%)$^985u$£985u6$%$£985u6$%$£985u6$%$£985u6$%$£985u6$%$£

Edited by Moonman

Untill we get a person like you as head of the met or something, their views wont change, I find it a complete load of bollocks and agree with your post above, I don't have any tattoos though saying that, but know enough peiople who have tattoos not to stereotype them

I agree with what you're saying regarding the tatoo issue mate but feel you've slightly over-exaggerated. I mean tatoos are a thing of choice & it's your choice to have them, racial discrimination & such usually has no choice in the matter, one can't help the colour of one's skin, etc.

PC views in general do my head in, it's got to the point now where anti-discrimination is beyond that & is now more positive discrimination, i.e. singling out the majority & making them feel bad for their views & beliefs rather than encouraging minorties to be accepted

Anyway, when does a tattoo become offensive?

I took that comment as a challenge and so did a Google image search but the results put me off my food that I'm currently eating and made me feel sick so I cannot answer that question.

Dude my company actively employ people with tattoo's and piercing's. Seriously.

Edited by Uberduck

I want to rock the boat here, but sorry Moonman I think tattoos do not command respect and when I see a copper they should (ideally) be the pinnacle of human ambition and an example to all. I think less of a person with tattoos... I know it's wrong, but I can't help it! So I see no reason why anybody's employer asks that their own employees cover up tattoos, because it gives out the wrong image.

It suppose it's an image thing then, overall, sir.... although I bet you're a superb copper and the fact you like great music too means I think no less of you. Please don't take offence sir moonman! :thumbsup:

Wouldn't agree with that, the only way I could see a problem would be if there was like a football tattoo or something, or a swastika on yer forehead lol. Don't see how having a design on your arm that might pop out the bottom of your sleeve has any relation to an ability to do said job.

• 2 months later...
Work making me cover my tattoos. This p***es me off more than anything right now, i'm quite thick skinned, even dare i say it, laid back. But constantly being told to cover up or get "stuck on" (a warning basically) really upsets me to the point where i actually feel offended whenever someone tells me i should be wearing a long sleeve shirt or whatever. Even though my tattoos are not offensive, and dress code clearly states "only offensive tattoos should be covered up" i feel that i should not be threatened like this. Never mind the fact that i have never had one member of public moan about my tattoos at all. In fact, people come up to me all the time asking about them, because, shock! it means i'm human. Oh, exactly how this stops me doing my job i don't know, because it doesn't.

Everyone has these new comfortable black wicking t shirts now, and i got mine this week. GREAT! i though, no more sweating my ass of in an uncomfortable shirt. But hey, they only do them in short sleeve, so i can't wear them!!!! unbelievable. So now, i'm the black sheep (or white one) on shift. It's a thing of beauty, it really is. I'm literally now single out. I'm sometimes known by out of touch senior officers as "the one with tattoos". F**k sake, i have a name!

"My work" prides itself on being racially diverse, culturally aware, and doesn't discriminate against anyone apparently...(god i fu.cking hate buzzwords)...apart from OFFICERS with tattoos who are made to cover them up because "They look like thugs". So basically, the 5 values are a load of bollocks because I'm being judged on the way i look and thus who i am, which is something i'm not supposed to do or tolerate the public doing it, but it's okay for them to do it to me. Funny that isn't it? Believe it or not that "they look like thugs" was backed by a very very senior officer too and published on the intranet too. God, i'm thinking about filming and undercover series on what "we" really get up to. I could be rich. It would appear the higher up you go, the more disillusioned and close minded you get.

Anyway, when does a tattoo become offensive?

Be careful here as you may be bringing your employer into disrepute

I'd expect anyone with a job that wears uniform not to have tattooes showing. Or long hair that dyed pink, or a nose ring etc etc.

If I wanted to become a policewoman (ahem) I wouldn't get my face tattooed!!!

If I wanted to own a record shop I might!

That's that! I'd expect a Policeman to be full of discipline. If he cannot even do as he's told uniform wise I wouldn't trust him to do his job properly in other ways either.

I have the utmost respect for the Police. I've had first hand experience of what they do.

Your tattoo may be the best Tattoo in the world but if your Governers say it should be covered then it should be covered. Show it off on your days off!