Where is your avatar?

Neuro

The reason I don't have an avatar is because:  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
my long jumper running into a person was the best but tim wouldn't allow it.......and now u want ppl to get avatars!! :x

That was because for others browsing the forum who have slower connections that particular avatar would have made people exit the site early due to all the threads loading slowly... once you get visitors to your site you gotta keep them, not frustrate them so they leave! :wink:

Some of those are horrific.

I don't like the old lady being kicked over, nor the guy smashing his face, and definitely not the CCTV one at the bottom there of that

lady falling down the trapdoor; imagine the injuries there :cry:

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

:evil:

Annoyingly phpbb boards like this one won't resize any image you upload (I've tried modding it but I'm not good at all this coding!) - Chrissie how about finding a small pic on a website (google search "avatars" or something), right-click the image you want as your avatar and click 'properties' and copy it's URL address: then go to My Profile > Link to off-site Avatar and enter that URL and it should come up :)

It's also a way of bypassing the size limits on here, which is how Jacey B managed to have that enormous colourful one not so long ago that took up half the page! Beware though it is technically stealing other people's bandwidth - though with a tiny file I guess it doesn't matter too much...

Every time I find a decent one, I've tried to upload as above, but always size the file is too big :? Thats why I've got a sh1tty small one :(

Like you, Chrissie, I've spent ages faffing around with it, and gave up after hours wasted, achieving nothing!

It's also a way of bypassing the size limits on here, which is how Jacey B managed to have that enormous colourful one not so long ago that took up half the page! Beware though it is technically stealing other people's bandwidth - though with a tiny file I guess it doesn't matter too much...

Can you explain what "stealing other people's bandwidth" means.

I did as you suggested and found a site called www.avatarity.com and signed up and then went about transferring a Scorpio Zodiac sign. What l got coming up on this site above my name was the "company name" and not the image l wanted. :oops: I'm going to have another go and see what happens. Watch this space........................LOL

Wow, I've done it. :lol::D I'm not a :retard: afterall. Thanks for all your help Tim and to the rest of you guys. Don't understand why it wouldn't work last night perhaps l was tired, anyway alls well now. Its made my day. 8-) I can now get on with writing those Christmas cards. :lol:

Best bet Chrissie is to save the picture you want to your pc. Open up Paintbrush, click image > attributes > set the pixelation of the page to 100x100. This is your maximum size for your piccy, paste your open, or insert it from where you sved it last and resize it accordingly.

Save it as a JPEg and this should be job done ;)

Archived