Where is your avatar?

Neuro

The reason I don't have an avatar is because:  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Best bet Chrissie is to save the picture you want to your pc. Open up Paintbrush, click image > attributes > set the pixelation of the page to 100x100. This is your maximum size for your piccy, paste your open, or insert it from where you sved it last and resize it accordingly.

Save it as a JPEg and this should be job done ;)

If I do that, I just get the top left of the picture I want to use :?

hehe sorry about this guys, but it's worth getting a nice avatar, it makes your posts more personal :)

Chrissie or Steve or anyone else, if you still have probs then email your image (or a link to it) to Noff (noff@djnoff.com) and he'll size it for you (cheers mate!! :))

Or you could try resizing + hosting it here: http://imageshack.us/

Regarding the "stealing of bandwidth", every website hosting plan has their quota on how much hard information (in MB) your visitors can transfer (load on their PC) - this includes every picture, file and component that the viewer requests, including of course mp3 files. This transfer is called the bandwidth - so for example, if someone set up another site for mix sets and lazily just hotlinked the files from this website without us knowing, then we have an external (and uncontrollable) source tapping off my bandwidth quota, if that makes sense. With tiny avatars the size of a few KB it doesn't matter too much, but with mp3 files they're pretty big. If I go over my hard disk or bandwidth quota on the hosting I'm on, I get nasty emails saying I ought to upgrade my hosting plan and if I ignore that then the account is suspended and the website taken offline. :D

This is really strange because when l briefly logged on just before l went to my "step class" the red "Scorpio Sign" avatar was displayed and now l have logged on again and it has gone again. Why is this happening, does anyone know? Its really spooky. :? :shock:

I managed to sort it out last night after having so many problems with it. I sent it to my email account (from the website where l found the avatar) and then saved it to "My Documents" and then went to "My Profile" and where it says "upload avatar from your machine" l clicked on "browse" and then clicked on "My Documents" and found the saved avatar, clicked on it then went to submit and "clicked" and then low and behold it worked.

Noff sent me an email today telling me how to do it which was good of him and l'm pleased to say l had more or less done it the way he had instructed me to. :lol:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

With new people on here it's time to resurrect this thread I remember - this board is annoying because it can't resize pictures, but get the right one and it gives more colour to the board.

I say colour but my one is happy in black & white. Aren't you darling?

Was reading the other page of this thread and thinking that some of you have had avatars for ages.... then I looked at the date :roll: :lol:

I was gonna use this ..... cos it's ace 8-)

28204543963.gif

But the site won't let me :(

Might change the res later, can you play gifs as u'r pic on here?

Archived