Anti-Depressants

Briggsy

Do You know what though, dancing is a really good mood lifter, I dance all the time, I walk into a room and start doing robotics, or a touch of ballet or rave style hands in the air. It's cool, you can stick to only doing it in private if you want. I know lots of people that this works for.

Be careful though coz I done a split jump (like out of fame) the other day and it really hurt! :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from reading that, as an outside looking in, you speak most about relationships. So could this be the root of all the unhappiness? Seriously man, get over her. Its gone, its happened. You NEED to move on. Find someone else. There are plenty of women out there, you just gotta look and give it a go. Women love confidence and being approached. Next time you are out i dare you to give it a go.

Without sounding big head and arsey, but i've never had much trouble on the girls front, i just have trouble finding one that holds my interest for more than 3 months. I go for "odd girls" according to my mates. I tend not to go for the dolly birds cos i find em so boring. I've always had the "its better to have tried and lost, than not tried at all" mentality. Even if i'm in a club and i see an attractive "broad" (always wanted to use that term ;P) i actually think to myself, i'll speak to her, what is there to lose? and i go and speak to them.

That said, theres someone at work who i really like, but i have a dumb "no work" rule when it comes to girls, it just gets messy in my experience.

The work rule is what I go by too. We had a new lass start not long ago, really nice, but I didnt chase her not only because of the work rule but cos she is too shy as well. Another lad is with her now, but when/if they break up ..... bring on the awkwardness!!!

mate, this one i work with is smokin', she is a proper little princess. I'm dying to have a crack at it, but its work - i cant dip my pen in the company ink, if you like.

from reading that, as an outside looking in, you speak most about relationships. So could this be the root of all the unhappiness?

Not at all to be honest - Until October, I was single for three years (by choice) because I simply wasn't interested - in the past, girls have tried to stop me from DJ'ing because its not interested them - and my DJ'ing comes before anything - nobody will ever stop me doing that. I'm also quite chirpy again at the moment - and i'm single again. If anything, i'm happier when i'm single because I can do as I please, when I please, without having anyone to answer to or without having to feel guilty.

I think my biggest issue is work and debt - but at the moment, i'm happier, so i'll make the most of it while it lasts.

when you've been somewhere 13 years its hard to get out i suppose. But, if you are that unhappy there, why aren't you trying to get out? You are better than what you are doing, you are worth more than the pay cut. Get out there and go for jobs, again, if you dont try, you wont succeed.

The debt thing, i feel you on that. I was "silly" whilst at college and ran up huge debts. I've paid all of them off now except one. Now, i have a decent job that pays very, very well. I can afford to pay it, pay rent, pay bills and treat myself. Once everything has gone out, i'm left with about half my wages on a non overtime month. I'm left with about £700 (it'd be more if i didnt pay police fed or pension!!!). But before i got to where i am now, money was tight and it was horrible knowing that as soon as you get paid, you dont see 4-500 quid of it.

As for the girls, god i love them. I just cant settle down just yet so i'm single by choice. Although this girl i like didnt work with me, i'd consider something serious.

I've always had the "its better to have tried and lost, than not tried at all" mentality.

I too like these words and believe in this... :)

Work rule is definately true - even if it works out all ok - when the relationship matures you don't wanna be with them all day!

What I have always gone by is the way people say 'you know when its true love'. Because of this I have sat back and waited ... and as a result I get depressed over not having a girlfriend for the past 18 years. Most of the time I am my jolly good self and enjoy the time I have, but then the topic does get brought up and you have to sit through it. I often come across girls I like too, and I try to pass on my charm but it has never worked out, so I rely on the small crowd who will like me rather than vis versa.

when you've been somewhere 13 years its hard to get out i suppose. But, if you are that unhappy there, why aren't you trying to get out? You are better than what you are doing, you are worth more than the pay cut. Get out there and go for jobs, again, if you dont try, you wont succeed.

I'm at college at the moment - and will hopefully be finished either next week or the week after - then i'll have a decent qualification behind me to do the job I enjoy (IT technician - servers and PC's).

Its been impossible to look for jobs before now because i've had no qualifications other than GCSE's. For someone with no qualifications, my job was fairly well paid - bit 11/10 on the boredom scale - and I needed that money to pay off my debts. Once i've finished at college, and hopefully found a job, then the starting salary alone for someone with no experience matches what I was earning before my pay cut. So, once i'm fully qualified, the job hunting starts.

Simon, you can never "over-chick" yourself. I mean, how many times have you seen a complete douchebag with a stunner? You just have to give it a bash and see what happens. I do. I've been knocked back so many times now (well i did all the time at school) that it dont bother me anymore.

Simon, you can never "over-chick" yourself.

Thats all down to each individual I think though. One of my mates constantly had a different girl and he didn't really care about them - he was pretty much only after one thing. WHen he did finally find "the one", she turned around and said she wasn't interested in him long-term because she couldn't trust him because of his "player" reputation.

Personally, i've never been one to chop-and-change. I respect girls, and I respect myself too. If I don't feel that its going to head somewhere, then I don't get involved at all. Sure, when i've wanted a bit of action, and an ex has been up for it too, then things have happened - but i've never been one for "one-offs" with different girls.

I went on the wrong anti-dep and had a MASSIVE hiGH!!

Umm remember how odd I got on the old board? Yes I wish to forget :P

But def go see your doctor as you are feeling so bad, and hopefully you will get the right treatment

YEP!!!

I was on a massive high on the right ones!!

BTW Simon I was alone until I was your age, and then I was never alone again, even when I was single ;) FGS get out there and enjoy yourself, I did. Like Moonman said, "what have you got to loose?"

I have had a broken heart too, and you DO know when it's true love, but you probably have got a few infatuations, lusts and good friends to go through first! ;)

Yeah the problem that I have had is spending too much time trying to be with this one girl ... and in the end it all went belly up and we are pretty close friends all the time anyway. Because of that everything has gone a bit skew-wiff I just don't like the idea of having a taster of loads of girls, I'm more of a person who likes to spend loads of time with one girl, then if it doesnt work move on ... although with that its stupidly hard to move on :lol: Even now I still like the same girl who I have tried to be with since 6 years now :rolleyes:

Edited by simonross46

Yeah the problem that I have had is spending too much time trying to be with this one girl ... and in the end it all went belly up and we are pretty close friends all the time anyway. Because of that everything has gone a bit skew-wiff I just don't like the idea of having a taster of loads of girls, I'm more of a person who likes to spend loads of time with one girl, then if it doesnt work move on ... although with that its stupidly hard to move on :lol: Even now I still like the same girl who I have tried to be with since 6 years now :rolleyes:

Yeah tell me about it! What you need to do is spend some time wanting a specific girl and in the meantime, practise with loadsa others!!! ;)

Trust me I know!

"Dating is like a car park - all the good spaces are taken and only the disabled ones are left" - that quote never leaves my side :lol:

Well I am always very good and finding the exact space that I wanted, altho it sometimes turned out to be not as good a space as it looked from the road!!